Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your percentages

Your percentages

I remember doing this thread back on the GameGO! boards and I figured I would try it again since I'm curious what numbers people will have. Based on the last few years what do you estimate are the percentages of time you spent on each type of gaming format?

Mine:

Console - 50%
    Computer - 30%
    Portable - 16%
    Arcade - 4%

For mine I counted what the games were designed for. By this I mean, GBA games I played on my GB Player counted for portable and not console. With emulation on PC I counted what format being emulated, e.g. MAME counts for Arcade.

2. these are from the last few years.

arcade-0 (there really isnt an arcade close by...well one with decent games)
    handheld-0 (all i own is the original gameboy)
    pc-25%
    console-75%

this year i sold all my consoles and upgraded my pc so that all i game on. until i get my new modded ps2 tomorrow.

3. Console - 97%
    Computer - 0%
    Portable - 2%
    Arcade - 1%

I usually play my GBA whenever I'm traveling. And for last 5 years I have only played in an arcade whenever I visit Japan.

4. console 60%
    computer 10%
    portable 5%
    arcade 25%

Those are rough estimates for me. I spent many nights at the arcade back in the day, but I'm trying to factor in all my gaming since the old NES days. I think these are pretty accurate for estimates, though.

5. Console: 47%
    PC: 39%
    Portable: 14%

6. console 30%
    computer 5%
    portable 65
    arcade 0%

i can't remember the last time i went to an arcade and played a game....but handhelds have been the thing for me since i've been working/taking the train to work and school in the last few years.

7. In the last 6 months or so, I think it's been like this:

PC (including emulation of other platforms): 65%
    Handheld: 20%
    Console: 12%
    Arcade: 3%

Around the end of console generations I always become a PC gamer until I can afford a new console.

If I go by Zeed's rules and count emulated arcade games as arcade and emulated console games as console, it'd look really different though:

PC: 35%
    Arcade: 25%
    Handheld 20%
    Console: 20%
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Dec 2005 at 09:14 PM.

8. This is just based on the past several years.

45% Handheld
    35% Console
    15% PC
    5% Arcade

I've played the GBA a shit-ton since it was released.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Console - 15%
    Handheld - 20%
    Computer - 10%
    Arcade - 10%
    DVD player - 45%
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

10. Console- 95%
    A few DS and PSP games make up the last 5%.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"