Thread: 3D rendering software

1. 3D rendering software

I have to learn how to do basic 3D rendering (for creating images, not animation or games etc), and have no idea which software to get. Since I have no idea how to do rendering, I need something that is powerful and n00b friendly (until I get the hang of it). Any suggestions?

2. Exactly why kind of 3d rendering are you talking about? What's an example of something you'd like to do?
    http://www.ammosart.com/~iidx/images...OS-TNL-Sig.jpg
    Der Wille zur Macht
    Jenseits von Gut und Böse
    Also Sprach Zarathustra

3. For getting started, Caligari TrueSpace is the easiest to use. It's incredibly intuitive. Although feature-wise it's very powerful, I don't find it really well suited to making really detailed models, but you can get more basic stuff done in a fraction of the time. Fast to learn, too. It's almost like a toy.

Once you get more comfortable and willing to invest more time check out Maya or 3D Studio.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Dec 2005 at 10:41 AM.

4. For rendering? Renderman or Bonefish.

For modeling? Maya is the only way. MEL script was handed down from on high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    For rendering?For modeling? Maya is the only way. MEL script was handed down from on high.
    Maya is the professional tool of choice it seems. I don't know too much about it, but whenever I'm browsing throught the post-production mags at work, whenever there is modeling being done for film, they always are using Maya.

6. User friendly, 100% customizable. It's sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. what he says about maya is the truth I've been using it since Version 1.0 and it is indeed the bee's knees
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.