Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

1. Yea I did but even so it looks (imo) good but enough of hate and how about that grappling hook! XD

2. Quote Originally Posted by J2d
    Yea I did but even so it looks (imo) good but enough of hate and how about that grappling hook! XD
    Ok, just to clairify, I think Lost Planet is one of the best looking games I've seen so far. I just wasn't blown away until I saw that first big spidery thing. From then on its a graphical powerhouse.

3. The 5 seconds of it in the 3360 conference looked really nice. Nothing like the Thing, though, much more action/explosion oriented.
    -Kyo

4. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC
    Ok, just to clairify, I think Lost Planet is one of the best looking games I've seen so far. I just wasn't blown away until I saw that first big spidery thing. From then on its a graphical powerhouse.

Agreed..it looked good in the beginning but then when that crab shit came out I was blown away. From there you have all these flying sperm things, robot suits you jump in, great explosions..etc. It just looks great and I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.

It also helps that beforehand I tried out the absolutely horrid Test Drive Unlimited demo which is just an ugly, pop up filled Xbox game with HDR tacked on. Lost Planet looks just fantastic. I want it.

Anyone know who made the game?? I mean from a dev team standpoint. What were their previous games?

5. there hasn't been a good Test Drive game since the early 1990s. That franchise is wretched.

6. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    Agreed..it looked good in the beginning but then when that crab shit came out I was blown away. From there you have all these flying sperm things, robot suits you jump in, great explosions..etc. It just looks great and I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.

It also helps that beforehand I tried out the absolutely horrid Test Drive Unlimited demo which is just an ugly, pop up filled Xbox game with HDR tacked on. Lost Planet looks just fantastic. I want it.

Anyone know who made the game?? I mean from a dev team standpoint. What were their previous games?
    Does it remind you a bit of Gun Valkyire? I think it does, in looks and gameplay, just without the retard controls of GV.

7. The grappling hook is sweet, hopefully they get some cool Bionic Commando-style action in there too using that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. I enjoyed the demo, this game is a lot of fun. Definetly going to play it some more tonight.

9. Quote Originally Posted by J2d
    I want to be able to roll in the final game or somekind of evasive move and the character feels a bit to sluggish at times. Mega shootgun for the win!
    There is a roll/dive maneuver. Hold in the right thumbstick (you can choose the direction) to duck and push jump to dive. The game feels slow at first but once you get the hang of it its pretty good. The fact that you're running in the snow and wearing a lot of gear makes the slow movement plausible. I really enjoyed how the mechs felt--using the boosters at the right moments is key. Defeating the boss in the 2nd demo level was very satisfying. The game feels like a 3d cybernator with a little bionic commando thrown in. I hope they'll add some form of multiplayer but I'm pretty sure I'm getting this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave
    There is a roll/dive maneuver. Hold in the right thumbstick (you can choose the direction) to duck and push jump to dive. The game feels slow at first but once you get the hang of it its pretty good. The fact that you're running in the snow and wearing a lot of gear makes the slow movement plausible. I really enjoyed how the mechs felt--using the boosters at the right moments is key. Defeating the boss in the 2nd demo level was very satisfying. The game feels like a 3d cybernator with a little bionic commando thrown in. I hope they'll add some form of multiplayer but I'm pretty sure I'm getting this.

I was hoping to be able to use the grappling hook while in midair... still the demo is tons of fun, beat the 2nd mission but never did get to use the boosters in either mech.