Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

1. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Trailer:
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/lostplanet/trailer.html

Yeah, I know, "just what we need, another sci-fi game for the X360!" Typically I would agree, but moreso in respect to the kinds of shit iD has been putting out this gen; if a game actually has an interesting hook or is at least trying to differentiate itself, I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. And this definitely looks quite interesting, at least imo. I think the gameplay stuff looks great. This and Dead Rising are two of my most anticipated 360 games now. <3 Inafune.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Doom 3 is better than most of that Crapcom ass

3. I'm not a fan of mech games, but this looks pretty badass. The hive sequence reminds me of Gunvalkyrie for some strange reason.

4. I'm very interested. Got to love the RE style voice acting.

5. Maybe i'm on crack, but some of that reminds me of Sin and Punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Doom 3 is better than most of that Crapcom ass
    Yeah, i was thinking Gran Turismo 4, since we're comparing things that aren't very similar.

[edit] Alright, Sci-fi, maybe F-Zero.
    Last edited by Finch; 10 Dec 2005 at 05:41 PM.
    Donk

6. Looks cool. That end bit is pretty intense.

7. Has the charm of shitty voice acting and poorly written dialogue worn off for anyone else?

Why can't these Japanese companies hire somebody who is partially competant if they insist of making games in english...

PS: Yeah, the game looks neat. I'll probably pick it up. The characters are pretty generic, though that may be the horrible voice acting and bad writing.

PPS: Yeah. I just noticed the shitty camera during the mech sequences. Hopefully there is a first person view for that part, because aiming through yourself sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Got to love the RE style voice acting.
    No. It lends credability to remarks by people like Roger Ebert, who I am beginning to agree with. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case, carry on.

8. I'm not too good with that sarcasim thing, am I? However, RE did have it's charm, but you are right, 10 years later this crap is unacceptable.

9. Hell, Shenmue had a definite charm. It is definitely time to step it up though...

10. andy, you fat bastard HOW the hell do you get this scoops 1st???
    if theres ever a new game announced, YOUR the 1st to post it

my god that trailer looks good, especially the one with the hundreds of bugs