Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP loses to DS in November.

1. With this endless firmware idiocy I'll never worry about using a downgrader again.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Dec 2005 at 10:40 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Maybe not you but it and something extra like Daxter would have helped others.
    Again, not for me.

I love my psp, I just wish I had a reason to play it lately.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Maybe not you but it and something extra like Daxter would have helped others.
    Daxter alone is not going to make PSP's fly off of the shelves. Sony needs a good original line-up of games besides shit like Twisted Metal, Tiger Woods, SSX, Battlefront, and other games that look better on my PS2.(And I'm not going to buy a $250 PSP JUST for a new GTA) Based on Andy's thread on up and coming games we may get that, but until then I'll stick to my DS.

4. Sheesh, never said once either CC or Daxter alone would rescue them. I said Sony should have put more effort into the PSP this season with more games and the choice of a cheaper bundle.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Dec 2005 at 10:56 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan
    Sheesh, never said once either CC or Daxter alone would rescue them. I said Sony should have put more effort into the PSP this season with more games and the choice of a cheaper bundle.
    Well gosh golly darn it - I must have just read between the lines there little buddy.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Well gosh golly darn it - I must have just read between the lines there little buddy.

"Little buddy." What are you, the skipper from Gilligan's Island?

7. Isn't the hat a dead giveaway?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo

Sony's problem now becomes retaining developers. DS development is like 1/8th of what it costs to put a decent looking game on PSP, so publishers can still make more money on a DS game even if it sells less. That's why you've seen so much development on Nintendo's system, even though it's underpowered and doesn't have half the marketing push. If PSP can't at least provide a larger market base, it's going to have a very hard time maintaining publisher interest.

There's still money to be made there, and Sony has plenty of ties from the home console side so games will still keep coming. But you may see DS noticeably become the focus of publishers' portable development over the next year, unless PSP produces a breakout hit.
    And people are trying to figure out why Nintendo isn't going overboard with the horsepower on the Revolution. Sounds like they are planning on capturing the same kind of developers, as those found on the DS. Smart move on thier part.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    And people are trying to figure out why Nintendo isn't going overboard with the horsepower on the Revolution. Sounds like they are planning on capturing the same kind of developers, as those found on the DS. Smart move on thier part.
    Indeed. If their game studios are stretched thin to dev for PS2 and PSP, imagine how much worse it'll be once PS3 hits 'em.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Dec 2005 at 12:14 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Are either of these sales numbers going to give me money for DS games?
    No, but I know a man who you can meet in the restroom at the mall who will.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww