Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP loses to DS in November.

1. Maybe Sony should please the shareholders by selling more PSP's instead of lying.

2. Where is the lie?

3. Sony: "With more then two million PSP systems sold in North America as of September 2005, the PSP system has established itself as the preeminent device for mobile entertainment and gaming.....Since its inception, the PSP system has quickly become the device of choice for portable entertainment."

The PSP has failed miserably at becoming the device of choice for portable entertainment. Unless by "device of choice" they mean it in the sense that it's the best, rather than the one people actually purchase.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 14 Dec 2005 at 07:53 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

4. "With more then two million PSP systems sold in North America as of September 2005, the PSP system has established itself as the preeminent device for mobile entertainment and gaming"

The only logical meaning in that statement is that their competitors have sold less than the 2 million+ units that they have, which is a lie.

5. But they didn't say it sold more than any gaming device. If they define an entertainment device as a device that plays full length movies and large games, then they are right. And they also said "preeminent", anyway. Its PR, dude.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 14 Dec 2005 at 08:09 PM.

6. Seriously. If it's technically true at all, they'll claim it. It's the best selling superstupendousdoeseverything device, it's not the best selling gaming device, and that statement doesn't say that.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    If they define an entertainment device as a device that plays full length movies and large games, then they are right.
    "Large games"? What, larger than FFIV? Or do you mean the screen? What's a large game defined as?

All I know is I own both a PSP and a DS, and my DS always has something worth playing in it. Right now the PSP is getting some time simply because Tokobot was so entertaining and Legend of Heroes is a lot of fun, but that means I'm ignoring a good half-dozen GBA/DS titles I'd love to have. Such as Lost in Blue, Gunstar Super Heroes, Animal Crossing, etc.

Also- Meteos is a far better game than Lumines could ever hope to be.

James

8. Actually, PSP has sold less than the DS for at least the last two months in the US, and quite possibly the last three. What is funny is that for the two months that GTA:LCS has been on store shelves, we've seen exact numbers for PSP sales from Sony. The month before that, they never released the numbers. (Before that, I don't recall what the numbers were like.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    Meteos is a far better game than Lumines could ever hope to be.
    If Lumines was a DS game nobody would even remember it anymore.

10. Rolleyes.