Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP loses to DS in November.

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    Rolleyes.
    Don't you mean, ?
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. Lumines is overrated like all get out

3. I wanna see Lumines get a DS port.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Lumines is overrated like all get out
    I played it on my friend's PSP. I had fun with it, but I'm glad I didn't have to justify a PSP purchase by buying a puzzle game for it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Meteos is brilliant but I find Lumines just as engaging and play it more. Plus I can play it for a long time unlike Meteos which is more meant for smaller "chunks" at a time. Meteos is better for "frantic" single or multiplayer, Lumines is a deep game you can melt into for an hour or more since the difficulty fluctuates and varies nicely from level to level.

And as for the sales vs. discussion, regardless of being beat by the DS, PSP is still holding its own sales-wise. As far as "game + multimedia device" you could say it at least has carved out its own market as the DS has for touch screen gaming. OTOH though, you have to wonder if they are making a decent profit since IIRC they were taking a small bath on every unit (at least initially)
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 15 Dec 2005 at 06:10 PM.

6. Sony's losing a lot of money on each PSP sold, but they're also making a lot of money on UMD movie royalties.

7. My understanding was that Sony was losing a lot of money per PSP. My impression is that it was $100+ but I could be wrong.

Yes, for now, the PSP is competitive in the US, but not so much in Japan. Overall, it's sold decently. But (as already pointed out above), the dev costs are much higher on PSP and Sony is discouraging quickie ports from PS2, so developers may start to abandon the PSP the way they did the Gamecube a couple years ago.

If GTA didn't bring the extra customers, I don't know what will. How many people do you know who are buying somebody a PSP for Xmas? How many people do you know who are buying somebody a DS w/ Nintendogs for Xmas? I don't know about male gamers, but the (girl) teens and tweens I know all want a DS w/ Nintendogs.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 16 Dec 2005 at 03:33 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    I wanna see Lumines get a DS port.
    I'll be honest, a lot of the PS and Saturn games heading to PSP I wouldn't mind seeing head to DS as well. Specifically, I'd love to see Panzer Dragoon, Burning Rangers, Grandia, Xenogears, and Einhander all head to DS.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Specifically, I'd love to see Panzer Dragoon, Burning Rangers, Grandia, Xenogears, and Einhander all head to DS.
    No, No, No, and No.

You seem to forget that most DS 3d stuff looks like ASS.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    No, No, No, and No.
    You seem to forget that most DS 3d stuff looks like ASS.
    Mario Kart doesn't look that bad to me. Animal Crossing and Nintendogs look decent. The DS can do PlayStation-caliber graphics, which is all I'm asking for. I'm not hard to please in terms of graphics. I play Sega Saturn, remember?

At least I'm not asking for F-Chan Tentacle Adventure: Deviant Sexuality.