Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: "The HD era really only starts when we are on the market" says Sony's Phil Harrison

1. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    1080p progressive the "true" definition of HD? That's simply incorrect. 720p is where the true, literal definition of HD starts. Maybe Sony should hire someone who knows what he's talking about?
    Why should they start now?
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. Damn, you beat me to it.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Quote Originally Posted by the Sony dude
    the HD value chain
    LOL @ the marketing buzzword this guy just pulled out of his ass.

4. Doesn't the regular Xbox display games in HD? I thought that 480p and 720p are also considered HD?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Well, I for one, am glad that Microsoft is not force-feeding Blu-discs down our throat. If I want (and can afford) to go out and upgrade all of my DVD's to Blu-disc, and go out and by an HDTV , sometime in the future to properly support all of this, then I will. Right now, I cant, and the 360 looks all the more inviting because of it. When I do get an HDTV though the 360's HD cables will be ready and waiting to show off some great looking games and movies that I currently have on my shelf.

So,Fuck off, Sony.
    wait until the ps3 price comes out before making retarded comments like this. blu-ray will happen weather you want it to or not. buying a system that doesn't support it won't make it not happen. if the ps3 is priced the same as a 360 and includes blu-ray i don't see what the problem is.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC
    Doesn't the regular Xbox display games in HD? I thought that 480p and 720p are also considered HD?
    480p is technically ED (Enhanced Definition). But yeah, the original Xbox does 720p and 1080i for the few games that support it.

7. Now that I think about it, does not the GC & PS2 have a few HD games too?

8. I love this guy for being such a huge jerk.

The problem with next-generation is that the development cost of games is astronomical because Sony and Microsoft's new systems are pushing too hard at the technological threshold and not every developer will be able to keep up. (only ones with big publisher support probably will) I don't care about DVDs or Blu-ray or whatever. I have a DVD player and so does the majority of people who will be buying this thing.

Show me your games, Sony, and I will show you my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. "High definition as far as the consumer is concerned means high definition movies, which means Blu-Ray disc, and that is the reason that people will buy high definition displays coupled with a player that is capable of playing movies and games - which is obviously PlayStation 3," he claimed.
    He can suck my dick with arrogant-ass comments like this.

10. The more I hear MS and Sony's tech spec pissing contest the more I want a Revolution.