Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media Play is Going Out of Buisness!!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    Tuesday is the price drop day, right?

I'll be there to check it out tomorrow.
    Is it really? dammit, I could have saved myself a shitton of money... oh well... more of an excuse why I wanted to come back. Get some of that stuff that was just too expensive (ie, their anime that was WAY overpriced to begin with, so even at 50% off was not much of a deal).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    Tuesday is the price drop day, right?

I'll be there to check it out tomorrow.
    So far, the percentage drops have all come on Wednesdays.

3. If anyone sees the individual Blue Seed DVDs I'll be more than happy to pay you back + S&H + finders fee if I'm in a good mood.
    All is well.

4. As of today:

Anime DVDs - 50%
    Regular DVDs - 50%
    CDs - 60%
    Games - 50%
    Guides - 60%

It looks like most Media Plays will be closing sometime within the next two weeks and anything that's not sold will be shipped back to a warehouse. I expect at least one or two more price reductions before they close shop for good.

5. Anime DVDs were 60% off at the stores around here. All used DVDs & music were at 60% also. And toys are down to 70%

Pickd up a couple of DVDs and a lot of super cheap toys. I convinced the dude at the register that this Appleseed DVD that comes with an action figure was a toy so I got it for 70% off ($13 something for a $46 DVD).

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. just 50% here... I want 60% off though hehe... there was a sign up today that said "last 10 days."

7. Goddamnit, there are no Media Plays 'round these parts.

You guys suck.

8. I've spent $760 there now. Granted, some of it was for other people, and a lot of it is for ebay... but goddamn is that a lot of money spent. As a last "LOL" moment, I got a $4 certificate in from Replay, since I was a Rewards member, and that's how much was left in my account before they stopped adding them up. Normally you have to wait until $5. I earned over 2 grand from that fucking program... doesn't say much about me and my spending. Of course, once i started working at Circuit City, I went there twice... and one time I had to return something becuase I found it cheaper elsewhere (Best Buy).

9. I stopped in yesterday and prices have dropped again. One of the stores I went to had almost nothing but CDs & guides left. But the other still had quite a few DVDs & Games.

Anime DVDs - 60%
    Regular DVDs - 60%
    CDs - 60%
    Games - 60%
    Guides - 70%
    Toys - 70%
    Used Sutff - 70%

I wouldn't be surprised if they drop again Wednesday or Thursday.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Stopped by with my girlfriend yesterday and we dropped almost $450 on DVDs (mostly anime). She couldn't get over how much we spent, but I reminded her that we got a SHITLOAD of DVDs, and that I spent over $1k there, but I have a trunk full of stuff that'll make great ebay fodder after we watch them. Also, if you did the math, I paid like $6 a DVD (counting a multipack as one DVD).