Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Play is Going Out of Buisness!!

1. Media Play is Going Out of Buisness!!

If you live close to a Media Play or for that matter know what one is you should check it out because they are going out of buisness. DVDs are going for 20% off right now, Games are going for 10% and I believe music is going for 20 as well. I have a friend that works there and it sucks that he'll be losing his job, but he tells me in the weeks to come since they have to get rid of everything the prices will eventually fall to 50% off. So stop sitting there and go check it out now!!

2. Until recently, I thought Media Play went dead after Barnes & Noble's and Best Buy's became prevelant around 1998. Turns out there's one down the road a bit. I'll check this out.

Good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. How long have you been in Savannah without traveling down Abercorn? That's right next to the Papa John's where i used to work. Stop in and tell 'em Finch said, "Hi"
    Donk

4. We once had to call them and order a pizza from the parking lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I saw a banner outside of mine last weekend and went in to see if there were any deals. The best there was was like $5 off when you buy two CDs over $13, which wasn't really much of a deal to me. Hopefully they'll cut prices more soon...

6. We just had a Best Buy open in the same town as our Media Play... so I predicted it would close... didn't realize it was the apocolypse of the whole store (although I'm shocked they still exist at all).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

7. I'll have to check out my local Media Play. I was there 2 weeks ago and didn't see any sign that the store was closing.

8. There's 3 Media Plays around here and as soon as I get a little extra scratch (see: after x-mas) I'm going to hit 'em all.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    We just had a Best Buy open in the same town as our Media Play... so I predicted it would close... didn't realize it was the apocolypse of the whole store (although I'm shocked they still exist at all).
    Best Buy bought the Musicland Group (Sam Goody, Media Play, Suncoast, On Cue) around 2000 and implemented all the things that are wrong with Best Buy... Pressuring employees to be pushy salesmen over actually helping customers, piling on beaurocracy and paperwork that would make the government jealous, and needless repurposing stores' specialties... remember when Sam Goody was a music store? Remember when Media Play was the place to look if you couldn't find something anywhere else? BB turned SG turned into MP lite, and MP's in-store stock was thinned out to around half of what it was. Best Buy, frustrated and vexxed by how the above retardation was not improving results, and cut them loose about a year later, but not before annexing MLG's main warehouse (and, if I remember correctly, their entire corporate headquarters as well). Obviously, MLG has had a very tough time recovering from this.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 18 Dec 2005 at 12:46 PM.

10. I'm aware of the whole Best Buy thing, but the bottom line is that Media Play was always the most expensive place, and I only went there because it was 10 minutes away, versus the 45 minutes away that best buy was. If something was on sale, it was about the price of Best Buy, so that's all I'd get (plus games are the same price everywhere). But as I said, once Best Buy moved in, I gave them 5-6 months before they closed... it's been 2.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com