Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega partners with Totally Games to bring back classic Sega game for PSP.

1. Sega partners with Totally Games to bring back classic Sega game for PSP.

SEGA PARTNERS WITH TOTALLY GAMES TO CREATE PSP CONTENT
    Global Game Publisher to Re-launch Vintage Property for Handheld Audience

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (December 15, 2005) -- SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA Europe Ltd, and Totally Games (TG) – a Marin County California-based independent game developer – today announced a partnership to create game content for the PSP™ portable entertainment system (PSP) based on a vintage SEGA intellectual property. This partnership represents SEGA’s strategy to re-launch its uniquely broad catalog of beloved brands with cutting-edge contemporary game designs.

“We are very pleased to be working with SEGA, a pioneer in the electronic entertainment industry and a company that has a rich history of innovative and captivating games,” states Lawrence Holland, Founder and President of Totally Games. “SEGA has a vast array of game properties that have tons of potential for today’s handhelds and emerging game platforms. We are thrilled to be bringing a classic SEGA game back to life in an exciting and totally involving way for the PSP handheld game device."

“SEGA is collaborating with Totally Games to revitalize a classic SEGA franchise for the PSP,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. “There is a huge catalog of vintage SEGA games that will appeal to gamers on the go as well as hardcore gamers who fond memories of the addictive action that they grew up with.”
    Awesome. Totally Games' take on Afterburner, anyone?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. C'mon Vectorman!
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Daaaytoooooonaaaaa! Online!

4. A new Shinobi!! Joe Musashi must return!

5. Sega and Lawrence Holland teaming up.

A new Afterburner seems most likely, yeah.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Fantasy Zone would be sweet (assuming that D-pad attachment is worth a damn)

7. Why the cloak and daggers? Could it be that a plain old regular announcement wouldn't have garnered this much attention? Time will tell.

Great marketing on Sega's part... but given their track record I think I'll give Sony most of the credit here. Oh and I'm going with Nights. (or Knights, whichever it is)
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 Dec 2005 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. It's Rent a Hero.

9. Talk about shock 'n awe!
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Me want Streets of rage!