Thread: Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War

1. Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War

Set about 15 years prior to the events of Ace Combat 5, The Belkan War tells the tale of yadda yadda.... heres some previews. Watch the video.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sim/acec...&mode=previews
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/675/675672p1.html

I want this game really bad. I know the Ace Combats have a few fans on these forums, so I figured I'd share this preview I found.

The sooner this game gets here the better. The only bad thing about this is there probably wont be an Ace Combat on the PS3 until a year after it hits.
    Last edited by Error; 17 Dec 2005 at 04:45 AM.

Did the gameplay change significantly for part 5? I love this series but it's wearing a little thin for me.

I could never count on my wingmen anyway.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. they should bundle this with a ps2 and I would be all over it. Oh wait, this won't hit PAL land will it?
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

4. i dont know why it wouldn't dakidski.

The gameplay in 5 changed from what it was like in 4, but they appear to be going back in the direction of where it was in 4 with some new additions, like giving you three types of gameplay (Mercenary, Knight and Soldier). Mercenary will kill everything on the map, Knight just incapacitates everything he sees whenever possible, and Soldier just does what he's told, no more no less. As well, mid mission enemy Aces will be returning though I don't know if you'll have to seek them out like you did in 4, and special weapons will be returning as well. You also get wingmen, I think, but I dont know how much control you'll get over them.

5. PS2? WTF

6. So it is out, impressions anyone?

7. I'm curious as well. Anyone?

8. rental. they should bundle all 3 ps2 versions together, because they are really all the same game. roughly 20 missions, with 6 of those being choose the m ission you want to go on during this critical operation blah blah.

9. I found this game in the very back of my gaming cabinet. I haven't touched it since I first picked it up. I got bored after the first few missions. Can anyone hook me up with a cheatcode for this game? I would like all scenarios, airplanes and secrets open without having to complete the game. In fact, I feel like doing some freeflight without hassle.

edit. never mind. I found a savegame on gamefaqs...