Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Unreal Tournament 2007 confirmed as first official PS3 launch game.

1. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    Its not worth wasting time explaining this. PC fanboys will NEVER admit to anything being being better control wise, graphic wise or online than PC. It just will not happen ever. Yes, PC gaming doesnt suck, but there are some things better done on a console.
    "OMFG! FLAME HIS ASS!" the fanboys cried out.
    i don't remember ever saying OMG PC GAMING IS BETTORZ THAN 360!!!!! so stfu. he argued my statement saying the 360 experience was better and i merely asked why he fealt so. and i'll admit, it would be nice if MS would throw the PC crowd a bone and try to offer a similar service but like has already been stated theres too many other alternatives. it WOULD be nice to have one SIMPLER and combined interface.

settle down.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition
    sounds like alt-tab
    Now if alt tab didn't just switch between applications and actually managed your entire friends list where you can communicate with anyone no matter what game they are playing, yes, it would sound a lot like alt tab. But it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by sedition
    sounds like x-fire
    If x-fire weren't more than a glorified bootleg instant messanger then you would have an argument, but it isn't, and you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    it would be nice if MS would throw the PC crowd a bone
    XNA. Eventually... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand
    If x-fire weren't more than a glorified bootleg instant messanger then you would have an argument, but it isn't, and you don't.
    Fucking Served. I used xfire for a while, til I realized anybody I needed to talk to would be on the ventrillo server.

4. i thought XNA was only graphics?

5. Nah, it was connectivity.

Between the 360, and current pc games.

Here

Quote Originally Posted by XNA Home

XNA is Microsoft's game development platform. Its mission is to enable developers to help contain costs while allowing developers to create better games, faster and across consumer platforms. By integrating the best innovations from across Microsoft with the best innovations in game development from across the industry, XNA is targeted to help contain the skyrocketing development costs and allow developers to concentrate on the unique content that differentiates their games.

Strategically, XNA covers three synergistic areas: Content Creation, Production Processes and Game Technologies. XNA is a long term commitment from Microsoft to partner with the game industry; expect to see familiar technologies improved and new technologies created in each of the three areas as we continually address the needs of game development in the HD Era.

Demand for high definition content and richer more involved game worlds will bring increased complexity to the process of creating next generation games. Game teams are already wrestling with the challenges of growing content requirements, larger and more specialized teams, and globally distributed resources. XNA Studio is the major new product in the XNA game development platform targeted at overcoming these challenges.

XNA Studio will enable enhanced collaboration between content creators, programmers, management and QA staff to speed the game production process. Based on Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005 Team System, the latest innovation of the flagship development platform, XNA Studio is the "Visual Studio" for game development; an integrated, team-based development environment tailored for game production.

XNA Studio will provide robust versions of key production tools such as asset management, defect tracking, project automation and work lists. These tools will work together seamlessly to automate common development tasks and present interfaces tailored to the different functions within the team. XNA studio will allow team members to collaborate quickly and effectively using familiar techniques and tools, even when elements of the team are distributed geographically, an increasing trend in game development. This all adds up to more developer time generating unique content and less time running the content process.

A core tenet of XNA continues to be strong partnership with the industry and we are gaining excellent support. Many companies throughout the game industry are thinking along the same lines. We are finding that developers from all areas of game production see the need for XNA and particularly XNA studio. Microsoft is in a unique position to partner with the industry to deliver solutions that address the challenges of next generation game development and unlock the opportunities in the HD Era.

"Software will be the single most important force in digital entertainment over the next decade. XNA underscores Microsoft's commitment to the game industry and our desire to work with partners to take the industry to the next level."
    - Bill Gates, founder and chief software architect of Microsoft