Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Neo Geo Battle Coliseum...

1. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum...

I got the game a few days ago and its great so far.

40 chars. including bosses. Stages are superb. Gameplay is tight, although I think I would prefer a stick rather than the PS2 pad, I'm having some difficulty pulling off moves...mostly due to being spoiled with Neo sticks for most of my Neo games. Combos, cancels, supers all look great...Import this game if you can...otherwise I think XBox 360 is the only other announced venue for this title.

2D fighters rule.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2h2hzcx.gif
    Fight Like A Robot!

2. is this, Last Blade collection or Garou getting a US release?
    and are any of them on Xbox?

3. Whether this game is good or not, the blurry-yet-chunky filtered sprites on those gorgeous backgrounds make my eyes bleed. SNK needs to stop this shit soon. It's out of hand.

I will try this when it's here on 360. I doubt it could be worse than SvC Chaos, but I always keep that possibility in mind.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Whether this game is good or not, the blurry-yet-chunky filtered sprites on those gorgeous backgrounds make my eyes bleed. SNK needs to stop this shit soon. It's out of hand.

I will try this when it's here on 360. I doubt it could be worse than SvC Chaos, but I always keep that possibility in mind.
    At least you can see edges in SVC (albeit they're jagged as hell).

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Whether this game is good or not, the blurry-yet-chunky filtered sprites on those gorgeous backgrounds make my eyes bleed. SNK needs to stop this shit soon. It's out of hand.

I was just about to say...reminds me of Killer Instinct Gold or something. Still, overall, it looks very nice.

6. I'm still mad that Hattori Hanzo wasn't included...but other than that I can't wait to play this one. This and Neowave are the only SNK games I haven't tried out. And I'm happy it gave so much love to The Last Blade series.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

7. I have Neowave, and it's basically KOF 2002 with 3D backgrounds, a few changes to some of the modes, a few tweaks to character moves, and some characters being removed and others added. All of that sounds like a lot of changes but it really isn't. If you allready have 2002, I really see no reason to get Neowave.

8. Quote Originally Posted by amitavc
    is this, Last Blade collection or Garou getting a US release?
    and are any of them on Xbox?
    "Import this game if you can...otherwise I think XBox 360 is the only other announced venue for this title."

yes....reading is good for you.

9. I find it interesting that some of these sprites have probably been through four generations of console hardware. Talk about mileage.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I find it interesting that some of these sprites have probably been through four generations of console hardware. Talk about mileage.
    Actually, I think nearly all the sprites were either redrawn for this game or had been redrawn relatively recently. A few of the KOFers might be ancient, but even old Mai was given a facelift. What's interesting is they went through the effort, only to do them low rez.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2