Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL NY Summer Moviefest

1. TNL NY Summer Moviefest

Greetings, bitches. Chao and I were just throwing around crap in the Soul Calibur 4 thread about a bunch of us getting together and watching some movies. I don't know how serious we were being, but it's something worth throwing on the table and bullshitting about with my fellow locals. I was thinking Long Islanders and anyone from NYC that felt like making the trip in, but anyone is welcome, of course.

Let's try to gauge some interest, and if there's any, find someone to host and decide on a movie list (nothing too insane). What the hell, right?

And if this does happen, I will be blessing you all by showing some of my own EPIC HOME MADE MOVIES, all on Special Edition DVDs packed with bonus features. You will be shocked, you will be amazed.

Here's Chao's suggestions so far:
    The Human Tornado
    Bubba Ho-Tep
    Ghostbusters II
    What Dreams May Come (no sideways thumb…it's an 'eh' choice)

Mine:
    Story of Ricky
    Some of my self-made Kung-fu movies and skits

Any opinions?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Ahem.

Self promotion ftw.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

3. What Dreams May Come.... probably my most hated Robin Williams movie ever (but it was gorgeous to look at). If we are going to watch a RW movie (whom I like), I recommend Good Will Hunting.

4. Most people have seen that, and seen it recently. Dole, choose The Fisher King and unlock respect. Line it up before Bubba Ho-tep to end the night in laughs.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Shit, I haven't seen the Fisher King in ages.

BTW, here's a still from one of my movies I'll be showing:

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Count me in.

add Gymkata for korly, Falling Dow for Chao ... and nix Man on Fire I thought of a better one after I posted ... the old Rutger Hauer movie ...

Blind Fury.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0800102266.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	37495  
    Last edited by Advocate; 27 Jun 2008 at 11:05 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. i'll only go if the boys are doing a sleepover with topless pillow fights.
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in bees!

8. I'll add in some Chinese flavor to the proceedings: Shaolin Soccer (if most people have seen it already, then maybe God of Cookery or one of the many others fine fine Stephen Chow films).

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Shaolin Soccer
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in bees!

10. i might be able to host something like this. atlas can vouch for the suitability of my crib.