Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones Thread

1. The Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones Thread

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

US: November 29, 2005
    Europe: December 1, 2005
    Japan: N/A

A battle rages, and a seasoned Warrior Returns

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones takes place shortly after the events of the second game, Warrior Within, after conceiling the sands away forever the Prince returns, oddly enough, with the Empress of Time herself, Kaileena. Shortly after arriving at the port town the Prince is captured and Kaileena sacrifices herself to release the Prince, unleashing the sands contained inside her in the process. The Prince is cast out into the streets and is flogged as a criminal, War has arrived at the capital and it's up to the Prince to put an end to it, once and for all.

Info & Frequently asked Questions

Has Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones ditched the Dark Look and returned to Form?

Yes, and No. The slightly moody Prince is still present but he doesn't curse or shout angsty taunts and threats when fighting his foes, he's a lot more relaxed and calm than the Prince we knew in Warrior Within and the enemies still have the Dark and Evil look featured in Warrior Within. The art direction on the other hand has been turned on it's head completely. The Arabian look from the Sands of Time is present, although not as strong as the first game. Apparently The Dev team thought it was a bad idea to stick with the darker theme of the second game (Due to upset fans and numerous complaints) so they made the wise decision to change the look and feel of the game and take it back to it's original roots.

Are there any new additions/features?

Yes, there are a numerous amount of new features implemented into the new game, to both the combat engine and the platforming system, the additions are as followed...

Speed Kills

The Speed Kill system allows you to perform very dramatic moves that take your enemy down in a single shot. Speed Kills require excellent timing and reflexes but are hugely rewarding. They really make the most of the Prince and Dark Prince's athletic abilities in fast-paced action-packed sequences.

Improved Combat

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Times combat was a basic affair, and Warrior Within expanded on it, The Two Thrones takes what WW had and expands on it even more. Gone are the days of using a sword, a new weapon is introduced ,the whip sword, it's an extendable sword that can be stretched out and used like a lasoo or a tool on which to grab onto suspended poles/keyspots, which really comes in handy when tackling those hard to reach areas, anyone who has played God of War will be familiar with the style and feel of the whip sword, it will allow for much more flexibility when in combat.

Improved Engine

The Prince is a lot more flexible in this latest installation, not only can he use the whip sword to boost himself off certain structures and use as a means of leverage, but he can use it in conjuction with some of the new moves implemented into the game, hanging upside down from scaffolding and beams, jumping diagonally directly off walls and clinging onto to stone surfaces using the dagger to push yourself across walls are just a few of the latest additions to this third installement

Chariot Races

Occasionally you have to progress from area to area by using chariots. Not only does the player have to race forward but they have to contend and fight off against enemy boarders & Riders, a new engine has been implemented to make the ride as relaxing, yet heated, as possible.

Light/Evil

At certain points in the game the Prince will be overwhelmed by a Dark Power turning him into a dark version of himself, the Dark Prince boasts of a few different play mechanics as well as a different moveset. Water changes the Prince back to his former self.

Latest Scores

Maxim: 4/5
    Edge: 7/10

Sorry if this has been done before, I'm in a bit of a rush to head out so I had no time to check for any other existing threads.

2. i loved the first PoP, but somehow i feel that UBI soft is pumpin' out the PoP sequels way too quick, afterall, we dont want this game to end bein' a Tomb Raider!

anyways, i didnt play the second one cuz i had too many games lined up to play. I might give this one a shot on the xbox....anyone knows if it supports widescreen?(if not i aint getting it)

3. "we dont want this game to end bein' a Tomb Raider!"

Over-rated first entry? Check.
    Getting worse every iteration? Check.

4. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    i loved the first PoP, but somehow i feel that UBI soft is pumpin' out the PoP sequels way too quick, afterall, we dont want this game to end bein' a Tomb Raider!
    Ubisoft seems to be categorizing these sequels into a certain trilogy/Saga. Art Director Leonardi mentioned that the Two Thrones was the last intallement of the "Sands" saga.

5. well this one is supposed to finish the story so hopefully they're done.

*edit* already said.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    well this one is supposed to finish the story so hopefully they're done.

*edit* already said.
    I very much doubt it will be the last one, after the "Sand" saga it's most likely that a new series will be started, Perhaps following the adventures of another Prince further down the timeline.

7. He still looks all angsty and stuff, i liked the first one. POP with attitude doesn't do it for me.

8. Same here, although I did like some of the improvements to the combat.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. I didn't have that much of a problem with the more moody Prince, I was more interested in experiencing the gameplay (I thought the game played and controlled better) the Dark theme made a nice change from the Arabian theme. At least he isn't cussing,shouting out stupid taunts in The Two Thrones.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Over-rated first entry? Check.
    IDBTN

The first game was fucking amazing.

Getting worse every iteration? Check.
    Can't comment until I try 3.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww