Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8101112

Thread: Under Defeat coming to Dreamcast

1. Thanks for the link, Frogacuda. That is a very good interview.

Quote Originally Posted by GN article
    GN: Where do you see the arcade market in 5 or 10 years? What do you think G.rev will be doing at this time?

HM: I don't think the arcade market will disappear, but I think it's likely we'll see a big change, with the trend of oversized/novelty game cabinets entering the mainstream. There is the chance that interchangeable arcade games with standard cabinets like the NAOMI system that has been G.rev's main platform, will cease to exist.
    Damn. So what we're seeing here in the lame US arcades could eventually take over Japan- with hardly anything but $1+ a play gun games, "mocap" games, racers, DDR, and its pale imitators (*cough* Pump it Up). Though I don't mind gun games or a few rounds of DDR, something is missing.

"Novelty" cabinet games will lose their novelty if they become the only thing - and in fact they've already become a little mundane for me. I'd literally abandon a game of HotD4 or Out Run 2 in progress if I noticed that a tech had just loaded a standard cabinet nearby with some shooter like Under Defeat or Border Down, etc.

I'll be watching XBLA for anything G.Rev- thank goodness for indie devs like them. Another hori shooter from them would definitely be welcome, whether it turns out to be Border Down 2 or a new series.

2. Awesome interview, Frog. Good questions & good responses too. Very informative.

3. I have the game in my posession...but my DC is in storage. Guess I really have to dig it out!

4. Unrelated to Under Defeat but related to this thread: I received Radirgy today and it's not bad at all! It's cool, stylish, and reminds me of a combo of Jet Grind Radio and Twinbee/Stinger. Not quite grasping the scoring system yet, but what the hell, I think I'll keep this instead of eBaying now that it looks to be a little hard to find (for DC anyway).

My copy arrived today, and wow am I impressed. Thanks to all who recommended this. It's incredible that this is running on 9 year-old hardware. To think that I shunned gorgeous verts like this for so long.