Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Under Defeat coming to Dreamcast

1. The Dreamcast's original ad campaign was right. "It's thinking," alright. In fact, it has perpetual consciousness!
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 29 Dec 2005 at 05:53 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    I forget; will JAP NTSC imports run 60hz PAL on PAL dc consoles? Or do I just get black borders? I don't mind borders, but I refuse 17% slowdown.
    Most will run properly, but a small number don't. You must wait for the game to be released and check at a forum like www.ntsc-uk.com to find out.

And if you get black borders you automatically get the slowdown too.
    Last edited by Mikey; 29 Dec 2005 at 06:30 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    if you get black borders you automatically get the slowdown too.
    My bad, I always thought the black borders meant less stuff to render (or less cpu directed towards the display) and hence a fullspeed game in 50hz. Black borders + slowdown sure sounds sucky. The Dreamcast has usually been nice to me though, so I figure it will run just fine.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

4. Best news of 2005. This is a Day One Import for the OST & game bundle. This looks so good from the videos that even a HQ picture isn't enough to do it justice. Wait 'til you see the boss explosions- especially the large battleship that breaks in two.

Thanks a million, G.Rev.

5. I don't think this will hold a candle to Zero Gunner 2 but I still plan on snatching it up. God, the Dreamcast has some awesome shmups.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. Haha, I love the bullet casings flying out of the copter's guns.

7. That's some nice smoke.

8. Wow, I want that. It looks incredible! I need to play more Border Down, kind of forgot about it.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. Wow. The Dreamcast lives on into 2006! (with this game AND Rajirugi/Radilgy)

10. Scoring system apparently revovles around fast kills and having a low amount of lives (AKA, you have to kill yourself to score better).

Not too interested...first levels seem boring to me.