Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Splinter Cell Essentials screens. (PSP)

1. First Splinter Cell Essentials screens. (PSP)

Damn. I'm really starting to wonder if Sony unlocked the PSP's full spec for developers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc01.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	18187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc02.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	18188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc03.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	18189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc04.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	18190  

Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. looks good. i hope it doesnt have a shitty frame rate though!

3. Any word on multiplayer? That is the only reason I play Splinter Cell games.

4. So is this like a port of the upcoming 360 Splinter Cell or an entirely different game?
    Last edited by Jetman; 02 Jan 2006 at 01:32 PM.

5. I don't know if there is any truth to this "unlocking full spec" that has been floating around for almost a year.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Damn. I'm really starting to wonder if Sony unlocked the PSP's full spec for developers.
    Since it looks worse than the PS2 version, I'd say no. UBI Montreal (or whoever's working on this version) just seem to have amazing visual designers who outperform on every platform.
    -Kyo

7. That doesn't really make sense Strider since the PSP at full specs isn't quite on par with the PS2.

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Since it looks worse than the PS2 version, I'd say no. UBI Montreal (or whoever's working on this version) just seem to have amazing visual designers who outperform on every platform.
    IBTN

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

9. First gen games 'suck' because usually the hardware developer can only provide mostly unoptimized libraries and incomplete documentation to 3rd parties, I expect the latest revision of Sony's PSP SDK to be much better than what was used on launch stuff, so yes... 'unlocking the full spec of the PSP' has some truth to it, but it's true for all consoles.

That and I do believe the machines are deliberately underclocked in the firmware to save battery life, but I don't think that's changed lately.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    So is this like a port of the upcoming 360 Splinter Cell or an entirely different game?
    According to Jeux-France, Ubisoft is saying it is an entirely new game in the series, and not a port or remake.

Finally. Take note, PSP publishers/developers.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    What does that have to do with it? Regardless, I don't know if you've actually seen the PS2 version, or are just going by the Xbox titles and taking a wild guess, but I'd say this stacks up very favorably, if not in some respects being more impressive, than the PS2 version.

Mind you, those are from the original SC on PS2, but I think it is only fair to compare the the first PS2 SC versus the first PSP SC.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.