Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Modern" arcade tabletop game units.

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    Not as bad as the piece of shit Midway cab that Target sells, but close.

E. M. U. L. A. T. I. O. N.
    I recently saw a put together one at Target and it wasn't too bad. It was the perfect size for me, but I am only 5'3. Is there a way to get your own emus running on it? I have no idea what it has on the inside.

2. Are you joking? Did you see the fucking screen on that thing? It's like playing games on a dirty microwave.

3. LCD's are the way to go since they're usually bigger and clearer.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. whoever designed these was lurking around on the byoac forums

Quote Originally Posted by animegirl
    I recently saw a put together one at Target and it wasn't too bad. It was the perfect size for me, but I am only 5'3. Is there a way to get your own emus running on it? I have no idea what it has on the inside.
    Were you drunk?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Were you drunk?
    Heh. I would never buy it, but I had like five minutes of fun with it. Keep in mind I was in a Target. In Nebraska.

7. Bad impressions from one of our Shmup members:

Koa Zo: Those Taito units are junk. A local store had a full size unit on display, and within a week the action buttons and one of the joysticks were broken.
    The cabinet is particularly crappy too. ..with cheap peeling sticker-art on the sides, and chipped particle board along the edges where the moulding didn't properly fit.
    Ouch.

8. I knew this was shit the second I saw it.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

9. It was at least a fun novelty to study while it lasted. And if the tabletop units are that bad, their full size cabs can't be much better.