Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Contact (DS)

1. This'll probably have some wi-fi capability; Note the connection strength bars in the upper left corner in a couple of those pics.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    This'll probably have some wi-fi capability; Note the connection strength bars in the upper left corner in a couple of those pics.
    I take it you didn't read the first post?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Anyone else looking forward to this?
    I am now

4. Quote Originally Posted by starslight
    I take it you didn't read the first post?
    Oh. Whoops. I just read the bit after the pics.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Are 636x263 images of overrated fighting games allowed in sigs now?
    I had to start checking profiles to see what you were talking about, and holy crap... yet another reminder of why you have to have sigs turned off around here. I'd love to abuse my powers and take away the right for sigs from people who do stuff like that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    That is really jarring.
    Im just guessing, but I assume that just that doctor/professor guy and his flying lab are in that kind of graphic style. Nothing else in the screens or the commercial look like that. Must be some sort of weird deal with him, where he has a much simpler graphic style.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. A comical sci fi RPG? I'm in. That looks amazing. Those aren't just backgrounds, they're vistas! I dig the Earthbound'esque art. I wonder if the wifi isn't online play, maybe it will be extra content?

edit: Check out the rippling water animation in the clip where the boy is walking up to the castle.

edit: Pause the video near the end on the segment where 9 small clips are grouped together. The bottom middle clip shows some sort of Namco-like pixel racer.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 09 Jan 2006 at 10:49 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I thought you read the bit after the pics?

Anyway, yeah, I'm thinking the difference between the hand drawn backgrounds and the pixel art is very deliberate; perhaps the scientist is from another dimension or another time or something.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. It looks cool, hopefully it's a fleshed out game and not a communication style RPG. *-neo