Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Random ChaoofNee Image Garbage! Now with Website!

1. Random ChaoofNee Image Garbage! Now with Website!

Being that I'm getting one of these funny graphic design degrees, I figured I'd start posting random garbage in here, too. It's going to start really shitty, though.
    First: Panda.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 11 Oct 2006 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNL
    Invalid Attachment Specified
    This is why I've been using imageshack for a while. TNL likes to eat attachments.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    This is why I've been using imageshack for a while. TNL likes to eat attachments.
    Fun. Let me try again.

4. Okay, try #2:

And, before you ask, purple and gold are also regal colors.

I'm just starting with this whole "art" thing. Honestly, given it's what I really wanted to do, I should've been doing this all along. Too bad my parents were so set in their ways to know how to set me on the right track for it as I was growing up. While these here may not necessarily be "art," I'm really looking for critique and suggestionaries on whatever else I may post here.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 10 Jan 2006 at 05:44 PM.

With practice at Photoshop comes proficiency... and then Ninja Skills.
    I don't know of any pointers other than "keep it up".

This is what you want to do with your life?

I would disown you.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    This is what you want to do with your life?

I would disown you.
    Better than the Art Ed. major in my class that was animating pictures of people hanging themselves.

Like I said, this stuff isn't very good. At all. It animated, that's all I cared. My original idea was far more stylistic and looked like I spent more than an hour on it. Teacher didn't like it. Had to start over. He, apparently, doesn't like hand-drawn artwork and prefers we chop up shit we find on Google Image Search. I don't get it.

8. Learn shortcut keys for your programs. Your teachers tell you it increases efficiency and you have no idea how right they are. There aren't many functions in Illustrator which have a command shortcut that I can't get to.

The only thing I hate about Photoshop is that some of their menu options like image size and crop don't have a shortcut command attached to them, but I'm more of an indesign, illustrator and quark designer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Better than the Art Ed. major in my class that was animating pictures of people hanging themselves.

Like I said, this stuff isn't very good. At all. It animated, that's all I cared. My original idea was far more stylistic and looked like I spent more than an hour on it. Teacher didn't like it. Had to start over. He, apparently, doesn't like hand-drawn artwork and prefers we chop up shit we find on Google Image Search. I don't get it.
    If you're in your first year he's probably trying to get you used to working with the program itself. What kind of course are you taking, graphic design? Just note that if you aren't in a major city (Chicago, New York and Toronto are the three big ones in the east for design) then you'll have a hard time getting any meaningful work.

All of the big agencies and small boutique companies worth their salt are in major metropolitans, usually in the heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Don't take advice from Andrew, unless you want to end up with a shitty webcomic.

Like Robobo.
    Time for a change

10. Or a great graphic design job like Andrew has with a shitty webcomic on the side. You could, of course, take advice from g0zen, who has by all accounts accomplished nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."