Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Random ChaoofNee Image Garbage! Now with Website!

1. I just finished paginating a 85 page hand held glossary. Try paginating a magazine like rolling stone. It will drive you fucking insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I don't know how far along you are but that website is kind of... ugly. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything (I think you're a pretty good designer) but the green fading in to the house, the overall layout and the pastel green mouseovers have very little style. And I'm not sure but pages only load up once every 2 or 3 tries when I click on their links. Inline frames are also kind of difficult for users to manage (I know it sounds lame but its true).

And the typography on the rotating banners on the right hand side is pixellated and unlegible.

My advice to you would be to buy some nice web design annuals and check out some truly innovative and wacky websites and get inspired by them. And then go back and try some of it.

A rule of thumb in the design industry (and I've only been in it for 2 years) is that your very first draft should be insane. Like... the client won't understand it. Then you scale yourself back and get something thats functional for the client AND represents your skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

All the text looks weird to me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I don't know how far along you are but that website is kind of... ugly. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything (I think you're a pretty good designer) but the green fading in to the house, the overall layout and the pastel green mouseovers have very little style. And I'm not sure but pages only load up once every 2 or 3 tries when I click on their links. Inline frames are also kind of difficult for users to manage (I know it sounds lame but its true).
    Only the first two links under "info" work right now. I should have mentioned that. And, yeah, I need to change that green and outline text those buttons so the font I chose comes through.

Green and yellow are the school's colors and, generally, what they like everything to incorporate.

And the typography on the rotating banners on the right hand side is pixellated and unlegible.
    Yeah, those aren't mine. They're awful, I just didn't have the time to design my own, yet. That's the remnants of my predecessor's version of the site.

A rule of thumb in the design industry (and I've only been in it for 2 years) is that your very first draft should be insane. Like... the client won't understand it. Then you scale yourself back and get something thats functional for the client AND represents your skill.
    Nice advice, thanks. I'll use it when I'm not following what I posted above (she knows HTML, but little else. It's honestly not bad for a political science major, but GAHHH that yellow!)

5. I feel somewhat accomplished today.

...but I'd be far more accomplished if I had actually finished all of my work in time for the end of the semester instead of, well, none of it.

http://www.joesartgoeshere.com/things/zapper.jpg

Huge image. Must click.