Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: <Game Title> is (going) out of print/has a low print run.

1. Quote Originally Posted by James
    Gitaroo Man, Persona 2, and Rhapsody have all shown up at Gamestop/EB lately, technically used but some still in shrink wrap.
    I think someone found a hidden warehouse full of unsold copies of Rhapsody or something. I found it last week used, and when I checked eBay I found like 50 copies up for bid.

Anyone seen Zookeeper around lately?
    Yeah, I see it everywhere.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Quote Originally Posted by James
    I'm kind of wondering how long Electroplankton will be around at Nintendo's site.

Thing about a lot of "rare" games is that they pop up now and then when least expected. Gitaroo Man, Persona 2, and Rhapsody have all shown up at Gamestop/EB lately, technically used but some still in shrink wrap. True, they're expensive, but they're easily found right now.

Anyone seen Zookeeper around lately? It's disappeared around here.

James
    According to one of the workers at cheapassgamer.com, they received 96 as of 1/9/06. By now, I dont know.

I saw Gitaroo Man at my local GameStop, but it was used. Dont know if it came with manual or original box.

I see Zookeeper all over Best Buy stores.

3. Yeah, Rez and Gitaroo Man both got reprints - I picked them up before the holidays while I could. And we still have more in store...brand new.

I didnt know that EB and Gamestop had those new copies of Rhapsody and Persona 2 as well...the way the guy in our purchasing department was talking, it was as if our company got the sole copies left from said 'hidden warehouse with the stash'. We were selling both for like $50 "used", I think.

Another game I see dissappearing from our shelves and not getting restocked is Digital Devil Saga 2. We get more of the DDS:P1's but I have yet to see any more part 2's.

Oh, and the Fable:Lost Chapters is another...

4. Blood Will Tell PS2 is another Sega game (like Spikeout) that seemed to get a low print run. *-neo

5. is the original steel battalion worth picking up used for ~$100?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. This is a great thread to keep around, but hopefully we keep it to games that are almost confirmed OOP, as in much higher on Ebay all of a sudden, or not seen in retail suddenly. There are already lots of threads that speculate on what might be rare.

Oh, and one to add is Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2....I saw this recently for $10 and passed, then when I went back a week later, it was gone, and this suddenly goes for $50+ on ebay.....wtf???

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    How about Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I haven't seen the game at least a couple of months. There is a fan base for the first title.

Zone of Enders 2 is also widely known for being rare and a solid title.
    I've been looking for ZoE2 for a while now, then all of a sudden every store I look in has multiple copies. I think some hidden deposit must've been unearthed.

8. Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts
    This is a great thread to keep around, but hopefully we keep it to games that are almost confirmed OOP, as in much higher on Ebay all of a sudden, or not seen in retail suddenly. There are already lots of threads that speculate on what might be rare.
    That seems to rather defeat the intent... the point of the thread seems to be to alert others of titles going out of print before they start going for a lot.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    How about Chaos Field for GCN? Seems like a niche title like this won't get wide distribution or alot of copies printed.... Too bad I don't like the game, so I don't even want to buy it at $29.99.
    I bought it for this reason. I was going to wait till it was lower in price, since people on here said that it wasn't all that, but I bought it anyway.

Its ok. Nothing special. Might play it when I get in the mood for shooters. Its no Ikaruga, though

10. Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero
    I thought Phoenix would be a pain to find, bought the only copy in my town a few weeks ago at Gamestop.

Klonoa 2: Dream Champ GBA (low price point, limited distribution)
    There was a bin @ Wal-Mart this week with about 50 copies of Medal of Honor, the original Castlevania for GBA and Klonoa 2 going for $9 each. Oh well.

And I think it's fairly easy to recognize which games will become rarities and which games will not. Just look at the kind of market you have around you and you should figure it out. Usually obscure Eastern made games get left out of the cut (unless it's Final Fantasy). DDS2 is already bordering on rare. The first one already goes for 60 to $70 online.