Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: <Game Title> is (going) out of print/has a low print run.

1. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    The GBA Castlevania games were pretty rare and sought for, but now that the two best have been bundled that's all changed I suppose.
    I was at a Gamestop and asked them if they had the Castlevnia DS game, and they didn't, he then looked it up and said it was listed as "Discontinued" So that could very well end up being rare, i've seen it all over the place at the moment though.

There are so many GB games that I think will NEVER be found again. If anything its do to the fact they are so small, and most people throw out cardboard boxes and instructions manuals. I can only imagine how many GB/GBA games are sitting in cookie tins in someones basement never to be played again. And GameStop charges so much for some of those bizarre GB games. I bought Bubble Ghost for like $12, I really like the game and had no problem paying $12. But really they should be at like NES game prices.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    No one talks about GB because the collectors are very few.
    Fucking nutjobs.

3. That seems to rather defeat the intent... the point of the thread seems to be to alert others of titles going out of print before they start going for a lot.
    I meant to say titles that are hard to find AND are going for a lot suddenly on Ebay, but can still be found in some stores....Magna Carta and Dark Alliance 2 for example....no one really is going to go nuts for say Shikigami, because while rare, it is not really in demand...

Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    Go to Best Buy.
    There are none at the Best Buy closest to me. I had gotten that tip on CAG too but no luck.

5. The Castlevanias are not rare. They are just highly in demand. This is illustrated by the reprint two-pack. They wouldn't reprint it if they didn't think it was going to sell.

I do not understand the SMB Classic Advance thing at all. Makes no sense.

The main reason why GB/GBC prices have stayed up is the GBA. Backwards compatability with a current system + broad kid's appeal for the system. How often do you see a kid with a SP in hand? Same reason why N64 has stayed as high as long as it did... 'kid's system'.

6. Actually they are rare because games like Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow don't have a very good turn-around rate (ie; people who buy them tend to keep them) and yet demand still increases. However, with the bundle pack I'm sure some of that frothing demand will decrease. There'll still be dipshits out there who'll demand to buy both of the individual games because they're crazy. I mean, come on, there are people out there who won't buy a greatest hits version of a game because of the changes to the fucking box art.
    Time for a change

7. They are not rare.

8. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    I do not understand the SMB Classic Advance thing at all. Makes no sense.
    In Japan, it's still in print, and it's still going strong in the top 30 sellers and has sold a couple million copies. It's really the only Classic NES Series game anyone wants, but NoA somehow missed the fact that demand for it would be much higher than any of the other releases and didn't apply a much higher ratio print run to accomodate, then just stopped printing it altogether when the other Classic NES series games fizzled out. One of the dumber moves I've seen from a company lately. It would be almost a guaranteed purchase for new Micro (especially Famicom Micro) owners.

9. Ok, that makes sense. This is the easiest way to get your SMB fix short of emus or NES or the SNES, and it's on a popular platform.

10. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    They are not rare.
    Your mother's not rare..she's well done.

OH SNAP!
    Time for a change