Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: <Game Title> is (going) out of print/has a low print run.

1. The j version's going for $30 at ncsx and Play-asia. I don't know why anyone would prefer the US packaging over those keen little Famicom mini boxes.
    Donk

2. They did a GBC port of Super Mario, so I don't see what the big deal is with the GBA one.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

3. GBC one can't be played on Micro.

It's probably a collector thing, too; I'm sure a lot of people started collecting the NES series after they started coming down to $10, and by that time Mario was pretty much gone. It's probably the last one a lot of people need.

4. Riveria GBA was pretty hard to come by, I think it may have gotten a reprint as two local stores have copies. *-neo

5. Granted its not rare if lots of people own it, but it does not mean its still easy to find one to purchase.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    I was planning on buying Phoenix Wright at some point. Then, today, I read in the official thread that it's already out of print. I search ebay and, yep, sure enough, $40-50 is the norm. I search online stores and, yep again, it's gone everywhere.
    I was planning on buying it at some point as well. I saw the above mentioned info and freaked out. Took me 2 eb's and 1 gs to find a copy. It was OK though cause I got a seal Doom 3 CE for Xbox for $9.99 and a copy of Pandemonium for PSX for $2.69.

7. Atlus recently did a reprint of Rhapsody.

And Persona 2.
    Quick question about that. I've been seeing mint condition copies of both these titles at gamestop and EB, but they're always stickered as used. I have a feeling
    that they're getting new copies in and marking them used. Am I right?

8. Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlame
    Quick question about that. I've been seeing mint condition copies of both these titles at gamestop and EB, but they're always stickered as used. I have a feeling
    that they're getting new copies in and marking them used. Am I right?
    You are right, they are brand new but the reprint do not have that "sticker" so they open it and sell it as used.

9. HQ sent us a memo today telling us the DDR Mario Mix is done. Noones getting anymore. I dont know what the deal was with it, but prices are already sky-rocketing on Ebay, up to the $100 range...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Yeah seriously. If you couldn't guess that a quirky Japanese game about lawyering wouldn't get a big print run, there's just no helping you.
    Do you read the threads you post in? Or are you just missing the point? I pre-emptively responded to this wildly witty jab in the intro:

Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    You might say I should've known better; a DS game about a lawyer will obviously have a low print run. But I still see TONS of copies of Trauma Center and Trace Memory everywhere. I would've predicted a game about surgery and a graphic adventure, released in 2005, would've had just as low print runs. The point is, YOU NEVER KNOW.
    Of course I knew it wouldn't get a Halo 2-sized print run. But could anyone have guessed it would be gone nearly everywhere a mere three months after its release? Including even Capcom's own website where they frequently sell their nichier games for months (occasionally years) after they disappear from shelves? No. This would have been very difficult to predict.

After ordering it from outpost.com a few days ago, then having the order canceled in a subsequent email today, I finally got off my ass and started calling around. The sixth EB/Gamestop I called had one left. I bought it tonight. So, yay, I guess. What a hassle though.