Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: <Game Title> is (going) out of print/has a low print run.

1. How about Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I haven't seen the game at least a couple of months. There is a fan base for the first title.

Zone of Enders 2 is also widely known for being rare and a solid title.

2. I bought Phoenix Wright a week ago at a store for $29.99 new with no difficulty in finding it.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    But I still see TONS of copies of Trauma Center...
    I have been hearing that TC is going to be OOP soon as well. If you see it, keep an eye on them and see how stock is. If it starts dwindling down, you might want to pick one up just incase.

4. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    I bought Phoenix Wright a week ago at a store for $29.99 new with no difficulty in finding it.
    It was announced that it was going out of print around then, IIRC.

Besides, it's not as if a game going out of print makes it magically disappear from stores everywhere. I saw all sorts of old PS1 games at TRU the other day that can't possibly still be in print.

5. I thought Phoenix would be a pain to find, bought the only copy in my town a few weeks ago at Gamestop.

These are a few guesses:

Electroplankton DS (limited to online sales and a few stores)

Klonoa 2: Dream Champ GBA (low price point, limited distribution)

Ninja 5-0 GBA

Graffitti Kingdom PS2 (never seen a copy anywhere except Ebay where it's quite cheap yet)

Castle of Shikigami 2 PS2 (recieved a intial run of 2000 copies, rumored to have recieved another print but I haven't seen any)

Under the Skin PS2 (seems hard to find, no clue if it's worth the hunt)

*-neo

6. Capcom pretty consistently underprints their handheld stuff. The only game of theirs that seems to stick around for long are the Megaman Battle Network titles.

Handheld titles in general seem to get shorted often... There are a LOT of GBA titles that I haven't seen anywhere after they were on the market a couple of months.

7. I'm still looking for Under the Skin, Grafitti Kingdom, and Tubeslider. Spikeout Battle Street would be another quickly OOP title, with it only having a print run in the low thousands.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. I'm kind of wondering how long Electroplankton will be around at Nintendo's site.

Thing about a lot of "rare" games is that they pop up now and then when least expected. Gitaroo Man, Persona 2, and Rhapsody have all shown up at Gamestop/EB lately, technically used but some still in shrink wrap. True, they're expensive, but they're easily found right now.

Anyone seen Zookeeper around lately? It's disappeared around here.

James

9. Judging the amount of time I saw MGS2:Substance on store shelves, I would guess that Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence will be the same.

Psychonauts for the Xbox also seems to be hard to find.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I'm still looking for Under the Skin, Grafitti Kingdom, and Tubeslider. Spikeout Battle Street would be another quickly OOP title, with it only having a print run in the low thousands.
    Check Capcom's site, www.capcom.com, for some of those. Under the Skin is definitely there.