Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: <Game Title> is (going) out of print/has a low print run.

1. Sweat <Game Title> is (going) out of print/has a low print run.

This is a thread where you can help people by mentioning games which are, already, or are soon going to be, difficult to find. Master made a thread like this in 2002 but it died and now it's locked.

I was planning on buying Phoenix Wright at some point. Then, today, I read in the official thread that it's already out of print. I search ebay and, yep, sure enough, $40-50 is the norm. I search online stores and, yep again, it's gone everywhere.

This sucks.

I mean, Christ, it came out Oct. 12, 2005. Not even three months have passed and ebay is my only option? WTF IS GOING ON WITH THIS INDUSTRY?!

I can't afford to buy every game I *think* *might* become teh rare in its first few months of release in the hopes of possibly saving money in the future. You might say I should've known better; a DS game about a lawyer will obviously have a low print run. But I still see TONS of copies of Trauma Center and Trace Memory everywhere. I would've predicted a game about surgery and a graphic adventure, released in 2005, would've had just as low print runs. The point is, YOU NEVER KNOW.

So, the thread is more for people who aren't merely guessing, but have some information, either through working at a game store, or game company, have heard through the grapevine, etc. Though, that's not a hard and fast rule or anything. Post educated guesses if you want. And we'll keep it to recent systems and games since it's obvious new copies of Thousand Arms for PS1 aren't on the way.

2. I'd guess that Phantom Dust for the Xbox will become a rare item. Is it any good withoug XBox live?

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I'd guess that Phantom Dust for the Xbox will become a rare item. Is it any good withoug XBox live?
    I hope so, the game is damn good, and I own a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Here's what happens: Company releases sucky game, and gmae is gone afer a few weeks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Here's what happens: Company releases sucky game, and gmae is gone afer a few weeks.
    only problem in this case is the game is awesome

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Here's what happens: Company releases sucky game, and gmae is gone afer a few weeks.
    Gamerankings Avg Ratio: 82%

You can let yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    But I still see TONS of copies of Trauma Center
    Really? I was going to mention this one as I hardly see it on shelves but maybe it's just my area.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    The point is, YOU NEVER KNOW.
    It is really hard to tell sometimes. I assumed Phoenix Wright wouldn't be a problem since Capcom games seem to stick around. I also thought Lost in Blue would become rare and...looks like that's not the case at all.

But yeah, I endorse this thread, yet have no useful news for it either.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Really? I was going to mention this one as I hardly see it on shelves but maybe it's just my area.
    Yeah it's all over the place around here too.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

10. How about Chaos Field for GCN? Seems like a niche title like this won't get wide distribution or alot of copies printed.... Too bad I don't like the game, so I don't even want to buy it at $29.99.