Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Membership

1. Group Membership

You know how in our profiles there's a section that shows what groups we're in? It only shows Veterans right now; but is there anyway we can add Music, Book and Movie Club to that?

Just wondering.

2. What purpose would it serve?

If you want to keep tabs on the Club threads, you can always subscribe to them.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I just thought it would be niffty.
    An admin could set up a usergroup and have the mod for each board set as the leader, so he could decide who is in and who is not. It'd literally take 2-5 minutes for each group, but yeah, considering it doesn't grant any sort of special forum permissions, or even a change of name color, it'd just be there for fun.

It is possible, but in the end, up to an admin if they want to.

4. Spider-Man, I'm not coming down on you in any way, but please let the admin's do the jobs they need to do. You post babble that serves no purpose but to echo what an admin just said somewhere in the thread...

I'm sure you're golden in the music thread but just leave this stuff be.

5. Yeah, the group membership stuff would be kind of superfluous when you can just subscribe to the threads in the specific forums

UNLESS!! ...we have special Members Only clubs that that don't let non-members view or participate like with veteran's board. We should do that.

Bad idea. The more fragmented a message board gets the less overall discussion there is.

8. At most, the coolest thing you could add could be a little icon added to the user's poster info. Like a cd icon or a film reel icon or something underneath the xbox live gamertag, but even that doesn't seem worth the effort.

Actually yeah, that sounds pretty cool.