Thread: GameBridge

1. GameBridge

Okay, so this thing is really just your standard USB2.0 video capture device, except for the fact that unlike other similar devices, it has no noticeable lag on the image.

At $70, it's also relatively cheap, and there's an alternate model for $100 that includes a TV tuner and remote.

There's no official Mac support, and I'm not sure if the bundled 4in1 cable uses an RGB signal, or just s-video, but so far this thing seems very promising.
    Anyone interested in capturing screens or video from their consoles, or anyone stuck with only a laptop for a display, should definitely check this thing out.

I remember a few months back someone asked in this forum for a device like this, but at the time there wasn't anything to recommend.

2. is there lag with other capture devices? uve got an eye for the new gadgets with this and the new xrgb3!

cool. Someone try it out and tell me if it really works.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tonic the Drunkhog
    is there lag with other capture devices?
    I've noticed it with the all-in-wonder video card I used to have, and the USB capture box I had with my iMac.
    It wasn't that bad for most games, but you could always tell because the video lagged behind the sound.
    Apparently it's still a noticeable problem even with the newer ones.

5. I have one of these now.. The sound lags behind the video by like 2 seconds.
    Does anyone else have this?
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

6. I asked about a capture card here some time ago, eventually getting one I was told was lagless.

Turns out it did have a little bit of lag. Same amount as playing a 480i game on an HDTV, making some stuff unplayable, but it was still pretty useful.

7. I use GameBridge at home. It does indeed have a slight lag, but I'm able to play games like Metroid Prime on it without any problems. Even managed R4 decently, though it's more noticeable. Considering I got the GameBridge for $10, it was well worth it. Takes great video and screenshots.