Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandma's Boy

1. Chicken Grandma's Boy

Grandma's Boy

A movie about a video game tester - without a thread in Cinemania? For shame.

Buddy of mine went and saw this today and said it was hilarious. I'll be seeing it this weekend.

Anyone catch it yet?

2. Is this the one with the monkey in the karate gi doing the flying dragon kick down the basement steps in the preview? Looks kind of funny.

3. Odd thing is that I love movies that attract the "retarded" demographic, but the preview for this just didn't look funny. I don't know why.

It's going to be tough convincing my girlfriend to see this one... I may have to wait for DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Odd thing is that I love movies that attract the "retarded" demographic, but the preview for this just didn't look funny. I don't know why.

It's going to be tough convincing my girlfriend to see this one... I may have to wait for DVD.
    I saw the Happy Madison production credit and instantly passed judgement.

(negative judgement mind you)
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. It's funny, and the comercial doesn't do shit for the movie.

I saw last saturday and meant to put something in here, but didn't oh well.

6. It's hard to say if this movie would be better or worse if Adam Sandler was actually in it. Probably worse.

Pass.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I decided to pass on it last semester when my school had a sneak preview for it and they kept advertising it as: "Grandma's Boy, produced by ADAM SANDLER!!!!!!!

College students don't realize that Adam Sandler isn't funny.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Odd thing is that I love movies that attract the "retarded" demographic.
    Over the years I've come to HATE these kinds of movies. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that evey comedy released in the last 5-10 years or so fucking sucks. Especially the shitty style of retard comedy that keeps appearing these days which are all basically the same shitty movie with the same shitty people making the same shitty jokes. Anchorman, Dodgeball, Zoolander, etc, etc. Fuck these movies.

I've also decided that while I may take another person's recommendation on thrillers, dramas, action movies, etc, I will never, ever again listen to anyone who tells me to see a comedy, no matter how funny they say it is.

9. Sandler plays the same character in every movie- the childish retard prone to violent outburts. It got old real fast.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 12 Jan 2006 at 05:33 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. A couple of years ago I broke my foot. I didn't realize it was broken at the time, so instead of heading to the hospital I went out with a couple of friends. We ended up going to see Little Nicky. I'm not sure what was more painful, my football sized foot or the blinding pain in my eyes from watching it.

What I'm trying to say is Little Nicky: 9/10.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Jan 2006 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."