Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Capoeira vs Muay Thai

Capoeira vs Muay Thai

2. Tony Jaa's the fucking man.

Cool clip.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

There's a picture of Tony Jaa on the side so I'm assuming this is from his latest movie (which I happen to have here on a DVD-R)

I'll pass for now.

(I'm sure Muay Thai wins)
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Yeah. Here is a trailer for that movie.
    Last edited by Nick; 12 Jan 2006 at 02:21 PM.

5. Wasn't someone on TNL considering to study Muay Thai last year? I could have sworn...

And while Capoeira is all flashy and shit, I respect Muay Thai a lot more. Before the whole Tony Jaa fuss erupted.

It seems to me (and I am not a fighter by any stretch of the imagination) that capoeira has so many openings in it to get your ass kicked.

7. The little jingle at the end reminds me of like a Sonic the Hedghog level-end jingle.

8. I think we all learned from Only the Strong that while capoeira is not an effective fighting style, it is great to show off at your high school graduation.
    Last edited by Nick; 12 Jan 2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    It seems to me (and I am not a fighter by any stretch of the imagination) that capoeira has so many openings in it to get your ass kicked.
    It seems as if Capoeira, like Sexy Commando, is a style that relies on freaking the hell out of one's opponent rather than anything actually techinical.

10. because we should rate fighting styles based off of movies.