Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free money

Free money

So, does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using an old small color monitor on my computer at school. I have to set the video card to lowest resulation to use , other wise the screen goes black when I boot up windows.

The thing is, when I go to start Warcraft III, the screen goes black. So I figure the game is set up to run at a higher res than monitor likes.

does anyone know how to force W3 to boot up at lower res so I can play it at school?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 17 Jan 2006 at 02:41 PM.

There should be an instruction to put in the game launch target line (right click the icon for the game and hit properties) that you can put in to force the resolution. This is something you commonly have to do to get your vid card to work with HDTV's. I forget what it is, someone else chime in here please.

3. You might be able to edit the setting through a config file.
    You might also be able to start the game on a different monitor, change the setting, save, and exit, then connect your monitor again and play.

Try this. Right click the launch icon for W3, and under properties, in the target line add "height=xxxx width =xxxx" (no quotes). Try it first at 1024x768, then if that doesn't work, your monitor really sucks, and try it at 800x600. I haven't the slightest idea if this will work, good luck.

EDIT: Try this too. Same as above but with +'s in front of each parameter, so "+ height=1024 + width=768".
    Last edited by Mykozo; 18 Jan 2006 at 02:08 PM.

5. Buy a new monitor.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron
    Buy a new monitor.
    why would he buy a monitor for the school computer?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    why would he buy a monitor for the school computer?
    It's his computer.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron
    Buy a new monitor.
    Yes, with all that money I have.

You liar, there's no free money here.

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    Yes, with all that money I have.
    Go out and collect cans and recycle them, or bottles if your state does that. Or get a job. Either way stfu.