Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: "Snaking" in Mario Kart DS, unfair?

1. It doesn't ruin the game. A downside of snaking is that by not driving in a straight line it is much harder to block incoming shells. I don't snake and I still win a good deal more than I lose.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    The point that you seem to be missing is that a drop is not a win. If you race like that against someone who cannot counter it or doesn't want to deal with it (and this is a lot of people), You Will Be Dropped. If you race my way and keep them interested, you can usually get a win, or at worst, a tie.

Way I see it, the better winning strategy is the one that produces the most wins.
    I never said online drops were wins. But look at it this way, every one who is good will (should) snake. Every one who doesn't will either eventually quit or snake too, at that time no one will be dropping anymore, the riff raff will be demoralized to the point where you rarely have to put up with it anymore. It's like Magneto infiniting scrubs in Marvel, eventually they get pissed and leave the good players alone. Either that or they become good players themselves. Something like snaking will eventually make the game better overall, sort of like Cable AHVB forcing MvC2 to get far better than it would have otherwise.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Sounds like you suck at fps too.
    I can hold my own, whenever I've gone online with games like Quake I've gotten wrecked though. Not because the other players cheat, because their PC FPS skills are better than mine.

I think it's pathetic how much time and effort some people put into learning PC FPS games, but that's another issue entirely. I circle strafe when I have to and I snake when I have to.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    I can hold my own, whenever I've gone online with games like Quake I've gotten wrecked though. Not because the other players cheat, because their PC FPS skills are better than mine.

I think it's pathetic how much time and effort some people put into learning PC FPS games, but that's another issue entirely. I circle strafe when I have to and I snake when I have to.
    LOL

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, these "pathetic" people are playing these games primarily because they are fun, and as a result of all this playing, they actually have skills that are better than most, if not all, amateurs?

Would you also hate on a walk-on college basketball player for being able to school you in a pickup game?

5. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy

You sit around TNL and talk about screen protectors and stupid handheld kid's games. Of all people you are the last one who should be talking trash about people who enjoy FPS games . Shouldnt you be at McDonalds playing Mario Kart with 9 year olds?

6. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33
    LOL

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, these "pathetic" people are playing these games primarily because they are fun, and as a result of all this playing, they actually have skills that are better than most, if not all, amateurs?

Would you also hate on a walk-on college basketball player for being able to school you in a pickup game?

Maybe you misunderstood. I'm not talking about everyone that's better than I am at a FPS, I'm talking about the people that don't leave the house so they can play Counterstrike for 14 hours a day. I don't hate on them, I just think it's sad.

I'm not sure where you're getting the notion that I think everyone that's better than me at a game is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    You sit around TNL and talk about screen protectors and stupid handheld kid's games. Of all people you are the last one who should be talking trash about people who enjoy FPS games . Shouldnt you be at McDonalds playing Mario Kart with 9 year olds?
    Is it a full moon tonight or something? Settle down, I'm not talking trash about people who enjoy FPS games. I enjoy FPS games. I was talking trash about people that play FPS games instead of working, eating and sleeping. Yes, I should be at McDonalds playing Mario Kart, we all should.