Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The More Things Change...

1. I just wanted to add that I too adored Luigi's Mansion. Maybe my favorite GC game after Wind Waker. Haven't played RE4 yet though.

2. If Treasure ever mentions that the Ikatwoga thing they were interviewed about is real and not a joke, I'll buy the system for whatever its on.

3. The only game that sold me on a system had Mario in the title. Mario 64, Super Mario Brothers and Mario 3 and I'm not even a crazy pro-Nintendo nut.

Luigis Mansion 2 - Yes, I am serious, Luigi's Mansion rocked.
    Fun the first time around, not sure if it needs a sequel. Maybe give Luigi a new game with a similar premise but an entirely new gimmick (maybe he has to use a leaf blower, I don't know) to keep it interesting. As it is right now, if they announce a new Luigi's Mansion and it's set in another spooky environment with a vacuum I'll end up ignoring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. No way, that'd be rad.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk
    These games play pretty much the same. I've just been playing through BT recently. BK is a little more compact and has better places. Treasure Trove Cove > anything I've seen in BT.
    Yes, you're right, they are fairly similar in the gameplay department. However, the level design and hub area in Banjo Tooie is just garbage compared too Banjo Kazooie. Banjo Kazooie was very compact and the design of the hub and levels made sense. Banjo Tooie is just overly complicated and suffers from the "Donkey Kong 64 Syndrome"

And more about Luigi's Mansion, if they do make a sequel I think it should still have the vacuum and be set in some sort of haunted mansion. All they need to do is add maybe some more vacuum attachments, flesh out the game, and make it longer overall. As it stands though, Luigi's Mansion is in my top three Gamecube titles and it blows away Mario Sunshine.

6. In retrospect, I got the NES for Mario, SNES for SMW, and N64 for Mario Kart 64. I would have bought the DS for New Super Mario Bros. but it was bought for me as a gift. Altered Beast (Genny), Toshinden (PS1) and Soul Calibur (DC) were important but not system sellers.

For a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, they could have Luigi inspecting various McMansions for a purchase, like all those reality TV shows today. Or they could just go straight to triple dog dare with "Wailuigi's Mansion."
    No gnus is good gnus.

7. This thread could also pertain to video cards rather than consoles. In the past I have bought a new video card for Quake 2, BF1942, and HL2/Doom 3. The thing that I love about PC gaming is that whenever I get new hardware, I can dig up some of my year old games and run them in ridiculous resolutions with full detail. I've never been a console guy because I primarily play online FPS'. IMHO I think that console FPS' are far inferior to PC ones, particularly because aiming with a thumbstick will never be as good as a mouse. However, I've resigned myself to a life of WoW for the next god knows how long, so none of this matters.

The last console I bought was a PS1 so that I could play Tekken 2.