Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: DS Redesign Official

1. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    Shitty ass controllers? The 6 button Genesis controller is the greatest controller ever made, greatest DPad, greatest button layout, perfection.
    You forgot to mention greatest piece of crap that falls apart in your hands. It's great for fighting games, maybe, but playing fighting games on Genesis or SNES is pretty pointless here in future world.

As for the sound, the music in games like Streets of Rage, Sonic, Ristar, etc. is far more memorable to me than anything on the SNES.
    Of course it is. You played them when you were a wee one. Genesis still had pretty terrible audio and most games didn't use it well at all. Make these sounds: "BEYYYYYYYYOOOW, DUMB DUMP, DIKKY DIKKY, BEYYYYYYYYAAAAAN". Do that over and over again and you have the soundtrack to most Genesis games. Actually, a lot of pc games of that era too. Huh.
    The Phantasy Star series had some pretty good music. The sound quality was still bad, but it sounded good.

The SNES was woefully underpowered and just couldn't handle the gameplay of some of the era's best games.
    Like... what?

And as for games, Xmen on Genesis was awesome and Jurassic Park on Genesis beat the shit out of that awful Ocean developed SNES version.
    One shitty game is better than another shitty game. That's good.

I'll be playing the better controlling versions of Street Fighter 2 games, Sonic games, Contra Hard Corps, Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star games, M.U.S.H.A and about a dozen other legendary shmups, Ristar, MK with blood and good control, Eternal Champions, General Chaos, Castlevania Bloodlines, Virtua Racing over that 5 fps piece of trash Stunt Race FX, Comix Zone, Ranger X, good sports games, Shining Force games, Aladdin, Dune, Ecco games, Vectorman games, I could go on all day. SNES has about a dozen games worth playing today, Genesis has well over a hundred. Sega does what Nintendon't, long live blast processing.
    HA HA HA! You can have that shit, except Phantasy Star IV. I'll take Dynamite Headdy and Popful Mail too.
    Still, both systems have maybe 20 games together that are fun for more than 5 minutes today. Street Fighter 2, Sonic, Phantasy Star (besides IV), MK, Eternal Champions, Virtua Racing, any sports game, Shining Force, Aladdin, and Ecco aren't in that list.

SO ANWAY, DS. I'm happy there's a new redesign. I'm tired of reading how great the system is.
    Donk

2. it looks like a ds had sex with an ipod and that thing came out.

that looks...HOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. lol SpoDaddy and Finch just had a serious DBZ "kai" moment.

Sega does what Nintendon't, long live blast processing.
    Oh my.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    Still, both systems have maybe 20 games together that are fun for more than 5 minutes today. Street Fighter 2, Sonic, Phantasy Star (besides IV), MK, Eternal Champions, Virtua Racing, any sports game, Shining Force, Aladdin, and Ecco aren't in that list.

What is on that list of yours? I'd love to know. If you want to leave off Street Fighter 2 since there are better ports available on later consoles fine, same with sports games and I'll give you Virtua Racing too since it was so ahead of it's time. What are these 20 games of the 16 bit era worth playing today? I'm trying to get inside your head and see what's going on in there, like in The Cell.

5. ZOMG some actual information on the DS Mini, from none other than everyone's favorite author, Tim Rodgers. From the Next Generation column This Week in Japan:
    I phone [a friend at Hori] today; he says "Yeah, we're doing screen covers and all that." He says they have a demo unit in the office. I say, "Oh yeah?" He says. "Yeah. To get the dimensions and all that." He tells me the surface feels smooth. The buttons click like the DS's current buttons, though the D-pad feels like that of the Gameboy Micro. "It feels solid."
    So apparently it uses the same d-pad from the Micro, but not the buttons. Hrm.

As for the screen:

I ask about the screen. He says, "It doesn't turn on. There's nothing inside it." Well, that's to be expected, I guess.
    Dof.

-Dippy

6. It makes me sad, sad indeed, that Next Generation is getting the likes of Tim Rogers to write for them. And let him write like Tim Rogers. =(

7. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    What is on that list of yours? I'd love to know. If you want to leave off Street Fighter 2 since there are better ports available on later consoles fine, same with sports games and I'll give you Virtua Racing too since it was so ahead of it's time. What are these 20 games of the 16 bit era worth playing today? I'm trying to get inside your head and see what's going on in there, like in The Cell.
    Actually, i don't think i can come up with a dozen.
    But anyway, in no particular order...

1)Super Mario World
    2)Popful Mail
    3)FZero
    4)Phantasy Star IV
    5)Dynamite Headdy
    6)Yoshi's Island
    7)Link to the Past
    8)Final Fantasy VI
    9)Earthbound
    10)Kirby's Dream Course
    11)...
    and then i'm listing stuff like Yoshi's Cookie, which i love to death, but is probably better played on Gameboy. Maybe some j stuff and others that came to Playstation like Tactics Ogre and FFV, but that's cheating.
    If anyone has any other ideas... I'm very picky.
    Donk

8. The biggest difference between DS/PSP and Rev/PS3/360 is that the Rev's graphics should look as good as the competition on LDTVs, whereas there is a tremendous gap in graphics between the DS and PSP.
    No gnus is good gnus.

9. "that the Rev's graphics should look as good as the competition on LDTVs"

no

10. Considering that the Xbox games on LDTV look nearly as good as 360 games on HDTV, that's not saying much.
    No gnus is good gnus.