Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: DS Redesign Official

1. fuck it if its white, its mine.. fuck you nintendo

2. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    It'll be smaller and harder to hold if you don't have small feminine hands. I don't see how this is an improvement.
    Because the current one is an abomination of visual and ergonomic proportions. The SP was smaller than the DS, but it was, like, a million times more comfortable than the DS.

Anyway, FUCK. How much does that translate to? I've been wanting a DS redesign for such a long time, and if this is more comfortable, I need it. Anyway, like MarkRyan, I'll need to get a hold of one for myself first.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. GBA slot is still there.

DS Lite has four different levels of screen brightness, and supposedly better screen quality overall.

Weight is down from 275g to 218g.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. ok i want one now

5. Damn, I was really hoping to see them improve the screen to the new GBA/Micro level. I guess this is a definite purchase, then.

I think it looks very nice, too.

Also, pls don't kill the PSP, Nintendo. thx u.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Damn, I was really hoping to see them improve the screen to the new GBA/Micro level. I guess this is a definite purchase, then.
    There's also talk of Micro-quality level of dpad and buttons. I've not used a Micro myself, but I hear it is one of Nintendo's best handhelds when it comes to button and dpad quality. So, that will be another huge improvement. (I love my DS, but man the buttons suck, and the dpad isn't all that great either.)

Also, pls don't kill the PSP, Nintendo. thx u.
    PSP is fine everywhere but Japan. Japan, though, Sony has 35 more days to get in good PSP sales. DS Lite launch day over there is going to be absolutely nuts, and make Sony cry. (Children of Mana for DS comes out the same day as DS Lite, so Sony am double cry.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    There's also talk of Micro-quality level of dpad and buttons. I've not used a Micro myself, but I hear it is one of Nintendo's best handhelds when it comes to button and dpad quality. So, that will be another huge improvement. (I love my DS, but man the buttons suck, and the dpad isn't all that great either.)
    Agreed. Haven't used a Micro either, but that dpad and those buttons already look like a big improvement over the current DS's.

PSP is fine everywhere but Japan. Japan, though, Sony has 35 more days to get in good PSP sales. DS Lite launch day over there is going to be absolutely nuts, and make Sony cry. (Children of Mana for DS comes out the same day as DS Lite, so Sony am double cry.)
    Yep, you're pretty much dead on. I think Sony's still got a good chance of taking over the US and European markets, which would ensure them plenty of support (especially considering Sony doesn't monopolize the software sales on their platforms), but thinks are looking pretty far gone in Japan, unless they announce some Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy shit. With Disney characters, and a bunch of shitty manga, some puppies, and a disembodied Japanese professor's head. At the same time. If they throw all of that shit together, they might have a chance.

8. Hmm... I might get one of these eventually, depending on how much better the buttons and dpad feel. A shame they didn't make them bigger and more widely-spaced; that would've sold me day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I like the original better.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

10. The only other DS I'm purchasing is the one that is colored like a Super Famicom or Super Nintendo.