Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: DS Redesign Official

1. Well, I just bought a DS like 3 weeks ago! Looks like I might be cashing in my Replacement Plan on the day this comes out.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

2. I would upgrade if this gave us the option to reassign GBA buttons.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    I would upgrade if this gave us the option to reassign GBA buttons.
    WORD. I fucking hate the current setup. My thumb naturally wants to use Y and B in place of the GBA's B and A.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    GBA SP is surely smaller still and no one really complains about that being too small.
    Plenty of people complain about it.

Anyway, are the screens the same size?

5. ...sigh.

*bends over*

As said, it goes perfectly with the Revolution design now, which is only a good thing, both design-wise and for creating a new brand identity for Nintendo. Only thing I dislike is the dual screen logo design being so prominent on the top, hopefully it's not raised and embossed like it looks to be.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    GBA SP is surely smaller still and no one really complains about that being too small.
    I personally hated the SP. It made my manly hands cramp.

7. Chicken

Original
    Density: 275g/364cc = 0.755g/ml = it floats
    Price per gram: $0.47

Redesign
    Density: 218g/211cc = 1.03g/ml = it sinks
    Price per gram: $0.67

Why does it sound like a rip-off to me?

8. Tons of people complain about the SP being uncomfortable, it's just such a great handheld in every other way that nobody cares.

The smaller size scares me in that it might be more uncomfortable, but the better screens are a huge selling point for me. I'm also curious about it's battery life (if it's better or worse than the original DS and how long it lasts on the highest brightness setting). Oh yeah, and if they can somehow reduce the glare when playing outside that'd be a big selling point for me too.

9. What if I by two kilos of DS, Nintendo? Will you give me a discount?

So wait, wait...are the screens the same size as the original? That d-pad looks delicious.