1. Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid
    Original
    Density: 275g/364cc = 0.755g/ml = it floats
    Price per gram: $0.47

Redesign
    Density: 218g/211cc = 1.03g/ml = it sinks
    Price per gram: $0.67

Why does it sound like a rip-off to me?
    well, if it sinks then maybe they're using all that space that was left inside the original better.

i was hoping this thing would be non-backwards compatible to make it even smaller/lighter but oh well. i haven't bought a ds just because i knew a smaller one would come out sooner or later. i wonder how long it'll be before we see ds micro's or whatever....

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Why the hell did the put the mic between the screens? That seems kinda dumb.
    To optimize the amount of spit collected on-screen. A nice crusty coat gives the touch screen that oh-so-nice bumpy feel the next time you need to use the stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by rama
    well, if it sinks then maybe they're using all that space that was left inside the original better.
    But think about the poor children who play in the bathtub!

3. Everybody who saw this coming after the 50 million rumours circulating the last two months, raise their hand.

*Raises hand*

Everybody who noticed the DS had bugger all coming the next couple of months, and traded their beat up, scratched screen flaked paint DS and a couple of games in and got a PSP for $30 CDN after trade, raise their hand.

*Raises hand*

Everybody who's getting this redesign & Prime Hunters day one, raise their hand.

*Raises hand*
    -Kyo

4. I'd want one in black, if possible (which it probably will be available in). This is going to inflate the number of DS units on the market by a lot. People in this thread have already pledged to purchase a new unit for this kind of design. If this works the DS will pull ahead of the PSP, and it was really just a smart business decision by Nintendo that made it happen.

I have to hand it to them... well played.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Jan 2006 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I have to hand it to them... well played.
    I guess, but I hate this stuff. I reaaaally don't like to see the release of a new improved version of something I bought a couple months ago. Thankfully it isn't something as substantial as the SP where...it's actually playable as opposed to before.

I want one, but I'm glad to see it isn't such a huge change that I need one.

6. Shit, I just bought mine this weekend, now there is a redesign. Fook.

7. When some cool looking special edition DSlite comes out I'll probably get one. With so many DS games having wireless single cart multiplayer, having an extra DS lying around is like having a 2nd controller for a console.

8. Nintendo on Monday: "Nooo, there's no redesign coming. Stop your rumors and speculation!"

lol

I dig my original silver DS, so I don't see any huge need to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo? What the fuck is wrong with me?
    You just answered your own question.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. And I just bought my "Hot No Protection Wet Sex" Red DS when it came out in November.

CRY