Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Korly got robbed.

Korly got robbed.

If a mod could sticky this it would be turbo cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Ok, so I was up until about 1:30am playing Final Fantasy XI last night. My fiancee woke up to go to work at 9am, and left around 9:30am.

I came downstairs about 15 minutes later, and when I sat down at my computer desk (where I keep the 360), I was all WTF?

The 360 wasn't there anymore, and the VGA cable and the ethernet cable were still there. My first thought was that my fiancee was fucking with me (like, don't play games today Korly, there's work to be done) or something, but when I finally got through to her, I found out that's not the case.

So, they took the 360, the wireless controller that was on the desk (with the rechargable batterypack), the power brick, and the disc inside (FFXI beta). Luckily, they left the 360 wireless adapter (which is 100 bucks!) on the desk, and they didn't go through any drawers. If they had, they woulda got my other wireless controller, the charge cable, DOA 4, and NFS Most Wanted. They didn't take ANYTHING else from the house, not my wallet (which was on the desk) or my keys, or my old Xbox, or PS2, or GC, or TV or anything.

Here's the thing, we rent this house, and we recently changed the locks because of an incident with an old roommate, so the only people who had keys were myself, my fiancee, and my most recent former roommate Nane. For the last few weeks, people have been coming through here to show the house, because we are moving out on the 1st. Long and Foster just has agents show up at the place, go into the lockbox, open the door, and look around. Most of the time they call us in advance to let us know they're doing it, but not always. Once, I was upstairs helping Meredith clean up her room, for like 10 minutes, and when I came back down there was a business card on my sink from a real estate agent who had come in, looked around briefly, and left without us even noticing it (I guess they didn't care to see the upstairs).

When Meredith left for work, both the main lock, and the deadbolt were locked. The back door was locked. All the windows were locked, etc, etc. The only way someone got in was with a key, and they were even nice enough to lock it behind them, from the outside.

So, I called the cops, they came down and talked to me for awhile, and I filled out some paperwork. Then, the "Mobile Crime Lab" came and tried (to no avail) to get some fingerprints. I thought I registered my serial number online with Microsoft the day I bought my 360, but they didn't have me on record. So, the store I bought it from DOES have my serial number, but unfortunately, they closed on MONDAY (Gamestop in Crofton) so, I called the DM to get some info (around 10am) but she hasn't called me back yet. I then called all the local gamestores and told them about the distinguishing characteristic of my 360 (there's a pretty obvious way to tell it's mine) in the hopes that if someone trades it in, we get it. I really doubt anyone wants to trade it in though, as I'm sure they stole it just to play it. I mean, if they wanted stuff to pawn, there was a lot more easily accessible stuff in the room.

Lots of people have been through the house lately, and some have even seen me playing with the 360, so there are a lot of "suspects" in my mind. But, I don't have renters insurance or anything, so the bottom line is, it's gone. I can accept that, but since I'm so crazy broke right now, I wish I would've traded it in for cash or something before this happened.

The console automatically signs into Xbox live, so if anyone notices "Korly" on Xbox Live, please let me know. Also, send friend requests to TKO v2 also, because that's the other gamertag on the Hard Drive.

I don't know when I'll be able to afford another 360, but when I do, getting all my achievements again is gonna suck.
    So bahn came up with the idea to try to help get korly a new xbox.

Chux is letting us use his paypal account to take donations.

Korly's one of the rare good people out there. He really didn't deserve this at all. He would, no doubt, do this for you were the situtations reversed.

Help us help Korly get back where he should be. Talking shit on xbox live.

Paypal address = ChuxBuster@comcast.net

even if its, like, five bucks or something try to help out.

2. I would donate if it were Korly's email. I dont trust Chunx

3. Hey, Korly, next try to get your shit stolen sometime other then right before rent's due. I'll help out in a week even though I still don't have one myself. But getting shit stolen fucking sucks like all hell, something I know better then I wish I did.

I do have an original Predator standup to contribute. You could probably taunt Chux with it or something.

4. It's not much, but I sent you $20 USD.
    Last edited by Rocca; 26 Jan 2006 at 04:03 PM.

5. You guys are totally awesome.

The thing we were talking about in the main 360 thread is that whoever stole my shit actually got online a few hours ago! If you have "Korly" on your XBL Friends list, and he/she logs online, try to get him/her talking and find out any personal info (age, location, name) you can.

I want so badly to find this person because thanks to him, my fiancee won't be able to sleep at night being afraid that someone can just come into our house while we're sleeping and we wont even know it.

Thanks again for all your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocca
    It's not much, but I sent you $20 USD.
    That is much. I don't deserve any of these donations, much less any large ones. Five dollars is more than adequate, especially since I don't have anything like a rock CD or something to send you like Josh did.

That being said, if I start a rock and roll careear in the next few months, everyone gets a free CD.

Hell, I have a video of me lip synching to Beastie Boys "Fight for your right to party" I recorded at Kings Dominion a few years ago, and I could make sure you all get a copy of that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    I would donate if it were Korly's email. I dont trust Chunx
    Wow. Well considering that Chux is one of Korly's best friend and he's genuinely trying to help, what would he gain from taking people's donations??? Give him the benefit of the doubt.

7. The list of who it could be must be very narrow, huh? There's that recent room mate of yours, Nane. Also, the cops should just check with the real estate people and see who was scheduled to be shown your house at the time of the robbery. Who else could it be?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    That being said, if I start a rock and roll careear in the next few months, everyone gets a free CD.

Hell, I have a video of me lip synching to Beastie Boys "Fight for your right to party" I recorded at Kings Dominion a few years ago, and I could make sure you all get a copy of that.
    Thanks, but you don't have to send me anything. Having your 360 stolen really sucks and I just wanted to help someone who's simply one of TNLs cool people.

9. Well I have an impending lawsuit on my hands (I might explain later) so I'll see if I can untie my hands a bit.

Keep working on the system's info. If it can be tied in with your sales records, there's still a chance those bastards can be tracked.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    You guys have NO idea how funny this is.