Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Ninja confirms DOA XVB2 is their next 360 game

1. Team Ninja confirms DOA XVB2 is their next 360 game

In the latest issue of Famitsu Xbox 360, Dead or Alive series producer Tomonobu Itagaki commented about Dead or Alive 4's numerous delays for the first time.

While it's rare for Itagaki to make an apology, he told the magazine he feels sorry for the last-minute postponements of the well-reviewed fighter. Itagaki said that he never presumed to think that his games would affect the sales of a console. Now, though, he admits that the DOA4 delay caused major problems for the Xbox 360's launch in Japan. Nonetheless, he decided that he didn't want to release the game in an unpolished form and cause disappointment, as several 360 launch titles did in North America.

Despite DOA4's extended development, Itagaki confirms that there still are a few problems with playing the game on Xbox Live, and Team Ninja is working hard to fix the issues. He told the magazine that currently his team is having problems figuring out whether it's Xbox Live or the game itself that's causing the issues. He said the first update is scheduled for mid- February. Aside from bug fixes, it will also feature some minor changes to the game's interface.

Itagaki also told Famitsu Xbox 360 that plans to release new outfits for DO4 characters via Xbox Live Marketplace have been put off due to budget and staffing issues. However, Itagaki did say that fans and Team Ninja members had expressed interest in new costumes--and that if such costumes are ever made, they would not be free.

In the interview, Itagaki also confirmed that his next Xbox 360 release will be Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2, the sequel to the risqué 2003 sports game. Itagaki said Team Ninja is already working on the opening and ending scenes for the game, and he is currently implementing some new ideas to the original design. Itagaki avoided commenting on a release period.

After DOAXBV2, Itagaki say he will release an "action game." However, he hinted that the title in question won't be a sequel to Ninja Gaiden, which means it will either be Project Progressive, Dead or Alive Code: Cronus, or another title. He says the keyword for the game will be "interactivity," which will also go for the next Ninja Gaiden. He did not elaborate.

Well, DOAXVB2 is about the LAST game I want Team Ninja to make, but it'll still probably be... Shit, I don't know. We'll see what kinda craziness they add using the 360 capabilities.

2. Whoop whoop.

3. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Whoop whoop.
    You mean fap fap.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    We'll see what kinda craziness they add using the 360 capabilities.
    Yeah, like an actual volleyball game.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. My daughters will be thrilled. In the meantime, it sounds like NG2 won't be hitting until late 2007 -- at the earliest.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. Sweaty boobs in all their splendor

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Well, DOAXVB2 is about the LAST game I want Team Ninja to make.
    IBTN

Was NG2 ever confirmed for 360?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    We'll see what kinda craziness they add using the 360 capabilities.
    They didn't do anything for DOA4, what makes you think this will be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet
    In the meantime, it sounds like NG2 won't be hitting until late 2007 -- at the earliest.
    I hope E3 really surprises us with some good stuff due this year. With development cycles increasing, I think 2006 may be a very shitty year compared to 2004 and 2005.

9. I AM CRY!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    They didn't do anything for DOA4, what makes you think this will be any different?

I mean like, online stuff.