Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: "Love it or hate it" games

"Love it or hate it" games

I suppose every game has its lovers and haters but what I'm talking about are games that tend to be described as "love it or hate it" because people's opinions on them tend to be much more polarized than the average game(like Killer 7, Shenmue, PN03, Morrowind, for example).

In general, when a game gets described as "love it or hate it" or "not for everyone" which side do you find yourself on more often? For me, I have a strong leaning towards the "love it" side for games described this way.

*edit - this was a poll but I guess it got screwed up.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 28 Jan 2006 at 09:18 PM.

2. I have an affinity towards liking a game more than loathing it, so I go with the "love it" side. This is very evident in the Shenmue and JGR series, and some of the more recent wrestling games (like WrestleMania 21 and Raw 2) where I see a lot of positive elements that most either never saw or just didn't want to see.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Love it. I think people hating it somehow gives it more of an appeal, even if i want people to love the game.
    Donk

4. generally, love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Love.

I'd rather have a game that does something completely new or great and falls flat in other areas than a game that treads mostly old ground flawlessly. Almost always.
    Last edited by Salsashark; 28 Jan 2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Jerk-proofing

6. Of the games you mentioned, I love Killer 7, hate Shenmue, never played PN03, and think Morrowind was somehow good inspite of its obvious, terrible faults.

I love Seaman, Jaws (NES) and...I can't really think of any others. I love Shenmue and JSR (but I don't think JSR counts anyway.)

Oh and I neither love or hate PNO3...it's ok.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    Love.

I'd rather have a game that does something completely new or great and falls flat in other areas than a game that treads mostly old ground flawlessly. Almost always.
    IBTN.

9. I want a game to blow me away with sheer awesomeness, and a horrible pace + cardboard character, ultra-shit combat system, or worthless Japanese pretension is not going to blow me away.

Hate it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    I love Seaman
    So I've heard.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico