Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Rez PSP port

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    "Finally, the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly reports that Virtua Fighter 5 will see release on PlayStation 3, "and it might be [home console] exclusive." My source didn't have any information on that particular rumor, other than assuring me that arcade version is "great."

how can it be console exclusive if the arcade version is "great"?
    LOL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    How the fuck is Virtua Fighter V and undercard to Rez? It should have been like...

Virtua Fighter Coming to PS3?

And a port of a piece of shit synthesis of a bad shooter and a bad rythm game is coming to PSP.
    I second this. What is so special about REZ? Even playing under the influence isn't all that great. There is so much more out there.

As far as VF5 is concerned, it definitely looks like it is going to PS3 only. Which is a shame. If Microsoft was serious about winning the console race in Japan, they would have paid whatever amount it took for VF to go exclusively on their system.

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    LOL.
    thanks for the clarification. it doesnt say "ps2 exclusive for consoles" it says "home console exclusive", meaning no arcade game. but its stated that there is going to be an arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling
    I second this. What is so special about REZ? Even playing under the influence isn't all that great. There is so much more out there.

As far as VF5 is concerned, it definitely looks like it is going to PS3 only. Which is a shame. If Microsoft was serious about winning the console race in Japan, they would have paid whatever amount it took for VF to go exclusively on their system.
    VF still holds that much sway over there?

4. Rez on PSP would be cool, but I'd much rather have Rez on Xbox Live Arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    thanks for the clarification. it doesnt say "ps2 exclusive for consoles" it says "home console exclusive", meaning no arcade game. but its stated that there is going to be an arcade game.
    No, it doesn't. It says exclusive with "home console" in brackets, meaning it is there for clarification.

It's like saying Dyne is the coolest [yard ape] of all at TNL.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling
    If Microsoft was serious about winning the console race in Japan
    The Japanese launch is proof that they never were.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    How the fuck is Virtua Fighter V and undercard to Rez? It should have been like...

Virtua Fighter Coming to PS3?

And a port of a piece of shit synthesis of a bad shooter and a bad rythm game is coming to PSP.
    Hmmm. Guess I don't really care about VF? Don't play fighters much beyond SC. Plus i have yet to play Rez and love rail gunners. Anyways, go start your own VF 5 thread if ya must, ya old dinosaur.

Oh well, if what Strider says is true then this is bunk and will just buy the DC game.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 29 Jan 2006 at 06:53 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I usually make it a point to read Mizuguchi's interviews. Where did he say this? I'd like to hear it.
    I want to say it was a Kikizo interview, but to be honest I couldn't find it again if I tried - it was a while ago, right after he left.

I'd be ecstatic if he did do this, though. Although, adding Area 6 seems wrong to me somehow - why mess with that ending? It could only be a letdown, and it'd be kinda like painting extra figures on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. (I know what you mean though - extra content, like more Lost Areas would be great).

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Oh well, if what Strider says is true then this is bunk and will just buy the DC game.
    Hey, I could still be wrong. But buy the PS2 version - it's the definitive version, IMO. Sorry, Dreamcast.
    -Kyo