Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Rez PSP port

1. Possible Rez PSP port

From dynagod in our newly relocated shmup forum:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/40414/

Something else came up in the discussion that was rather intriguing: a PSP port of United Game Artists' Rez. This too is sounding like a pretty sure thing. If you're unfamiliar with Rez (PS2, DC), it's a 3D floating-through-space shooter that has an incredibly clever synthesis between music and gameplay, with the electronica soundtrack building up in time with the player's actions. The game was designed by Q Entertainment founder Tetsuya Mizuguchi, who recently designed Lumines (PSP) and produced Meteos (DS). Anyway, with this upcoming port as well as the once impossible to find PS2 version of Rez being made available again, you shouldn't have any problems getting your hands on the game if you desire.

Finally, the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly reports that Virtua Fighter 5 will see release on PlayStation 3, "and it might be [home console] exclusive." My source didn't have any information on that particular rumor, other than assuring me that arcade version is "great."

2. Well, I suppose it'll be nice for those who've never seen it. I'd still rather play it on a nice big tv pumping sound through my stereo, though.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'd probably buy it anyway.

James

3. Does anybody have a reliable source backing this news?

This is the second time I've seen it tonight.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Rez is an experience, and I really don't think putting it on the psp gives it justice.

--Speaking as a rez fan
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

I'll take a next-gen sequel instead.

6. Here's hoping Mizuguchi oversees this and it packs some new content. Area 6, bitches!

How the fuck is Virtua Fighter V and undercard to Rez? It should have been like...

Virtua Fighter Coming to PS3?

And a port of a piece of shit synthesis of a bad shooter and a bad rythm game is coming to PSP.

8. This rumour is A) from weeks ago and B) like 100% baloney.

And I'm almost positive VF5 was pretty much confirmed for PS3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Here's hoping Mizuguchi oversees this and it packs some new content. Area 6, bitches!
    He said he never wants to work with Sega again - he's scoffed at the idea in interviews. And I doubt Sega would see enough money in this to make it worth his while.
    -Kyo

9. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    He said he never wants to work with Sega again - he's scoffed at the idea in interviews.
    I usually make it a point to read Mizuguchi's interviews. Where did he say this? I'd like to hear it.

10. "Finally, the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly reports that Virtua Fighter 5 will see release on PlayStation 3, "and it might be [home console] exclusive." My source didn't have any information on that particular rumor, other than assuring me that arcade version is "great."

how can it be console exclusive if the arcade version is "great"?