g0zen / KUWABARA
    Jeremy / MGFANJAY
    Jetman / JetmanJay
    Josh / JoshWilkesBooth
    K3V / K3V
    nameless_one / nameless_one
    Stark / Spruchy

March 14th. $30.

The MGS3:SE thread is huge and shitty, and this game is offering so much new that it deserves it's own thread.

Anyway, the release is getting close, and the third disc, as well as the new Metal Gear Saga disc and packaging have been revealed. So for anyone who hasn't been keeping up, here's a summary of all of the awesome that will be included in Subsistence:

- Disc one, Subsistence:
    * Obviously, the full version of the original masterpiece, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    * A new, manually controllable third person camera
    * Demo theater mode, lets you play back any of the game's cinemas with your choice of camo on the characters, and some kind of peep mode for Eva's cinematics
    * Ability to link with Metal Gear Acid 2, and view your in-game photos in 3D with the Solid Eye

- Disc two, Persistence:
    * The other main attraction of the package; an excellent looking, fully featured online mode, with five game types
    * Duel mode, lets you play any boss battle from MGS3
    * Expanded Snake vs. Monkey mode
    * Secret Theater mode, containing all of the shorts previously released only on Konami's JP site
    * The original MSX2 versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear: Solid Snake (the later never before released in English, iirc)

- Disc three, Existence: (finally confirmed!)
    * Contains a three hour movie cut from the MGS3 cinematics, with editing overseen by Kojima, featuring new footage and remastered sound. This disc will be available in a limited run, apparently.

- Disc four, Metal Gear Saga:
    * Contains a documentary of the five released titles in the MG canon, plus Kojima interviews and direct-feed trailers of the MG titles, all packaged in a slick, Shinkawa-adorned, foil-embossed package.

And it's looking like the MSRP for this is going to be $30 dollars. Honestly, if the $30 price sticks, this is probably the best $30 value of any game ever, imo. For reals.

Image of the Metal Gear Saga packaging:

Multiplayer hands-on:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...ml?sid=6142256

Singleplayer hands-on:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...ml?sid=6141318

Videos of the multiplayer, singleplayer, and Saga:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...nce/media.html

Images and trailer of the content on the Metal Gear Saga disc:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...ml?sid=6142974

Very good interview with the director of the Metal Gear Saga disc:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1804.16198.htm
    Last edited by Andy; 16 Mar 2006 at 09:15 PM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

Giltch Guest
    $30 is A-okay with me. Nice summary, Andy. I'll pre-order this next time I visit GameStop.

And there is not a seperate reserve sku for this limited 4th disc thing. At least not at Gamestop.

How is this working? Is this a limited run?

4. At $30 I'd buy two.

But I'm gay for Metal Gear so...

5. Thanks for the summary, I will pick this up if it is $30 (probably cheaper with coupons and what not). Seems like a pretty comprehensive package.

6. I'm guessing it'll just be for the first printing. I guess I'll place a pre-order on this next weekend, when there's a bit more known about this whole thing. It's $30 on both EB and GS's sites, so that's probably the final price.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    At $30 I'd buy two.

But I'm gay for Metal Gear so...
    I'm going to sneak up on you online and break your neck. You know this is a fact.

I hope theres a create a level feature so I can make the annapolis mall.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I'm going to sneak up on you online and break your neck. You know this is a fact.

I hope theres a create a level feature so I can make the annapolis mall.
    JOIN ME BROTHER!

We can run the fucking internet.

9. Ha! I knew there was a reason I bought Snake Eater, never played it, and promptly sold it soon after!

*crickets chirp*

Yeah. That's it. I knew this was going to happen.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

10. I'm pre-ordering at both EB and GameStop, one of them better get me my 4th CD or niggas gonna get their caps peeled back. Ya'heard?

Speaking of online, will there be a Rampant Fronting?
    Time for a change