Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Looking To Buy A Guitar

I can barely do it now and I've been playing for twenty years.

stay away if that is a starcaster

3. Josh is so right on this. Professional care can make the most poorly constructed guitars sound like Eddie van halen's semen.

plut plut frep

5. Looks like I got a barely used $200+ Stratocaster bundle with amp and unopened strings and tuner for a quarter of the price. It's gonna be a bit of time before I get a chance to take it to someone, but it's looking like Rocksmith has a tuner that's fairly accurate.

I should've tried this years ago...

TUNING IS NOT A SETUP. DO NOT BE LIKE EVERY NEW GUITAR PLAYER EVER AND IGNORE GETTING A PROPER SETUP BEFORE SAYING LOL THIS IS HARD AND PUTTING THE GUITAR IN THE CORNER NEVER TO BE TOUCHED AGAIN

7. Like the guy I bought it from did!

I'm only waiting til the weekend. There's a music shop called Monster Music that I bet will be better than Guitar Center.

8. The only person people should be listening to in this thread about guitars is Josh.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Make sure you give equal time to both nuts.
    Wouldn't want one to be lower than the other.

10. Thanks for all the advice in this thread everyone. I've been thinking about picking up the guitar again and it's been pretty helpful reading. I'm going to check out an Epiphone SG today at Guitar Center but will probably buy elsewhere.

Is there any reason I shouldn't spend the extra cash and get the G-400 as opposed to the SG Special? Some of the reviews I've read online knock the Special a little on the quality but as a new/returning player am I going to notice a difference?