Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Comic / Manga Club

1. TNL Comic / Manga Club

Since the Book Club has proven to be a colossal failure (by no fault of its creator mind you) while others like the Music Club and Movie Club have met mixed success, I have decided to try something which I believe represents a middle-of-the-road in terms of committment; comics and mangas. However, unlike movies or books or music, comics and manga are produced in steady installments. It would impossible, or atleast unwise, to try and get people to buy every issue or every volume of a particular comic or manga just so that they can discuss it here.

What we can do is have members pick out a particular comic or manga series to try, and all of us committ ourselves to buying atleast one issue. If you like it, discussion continues and that thread can be used for all future discourse on that particular series.

You're free to pick a mini-series or graphic novel during your turn, but keep in mind you'll probably have less people who'll take a chance with upwards of $15 or more on a graphic novel than the ones who could (and hopefully will) risk the measily $3 on a single issue of a comic or the average $10-$12 for one volume of a manga series.

Be sure to pick something currently in print or available through 'alternative sources'. It's no fun if no one can find it in time to discuss if at all.

So, the order we go in will be decided using Movie Club rules, meaning the order that people post here expressing their interest in the club. We'll give three to four weeks (depending on the amount of discussion) for each turn and when it's your turn I will PM you asking for your selection. At that point you have 2 days (48 hours from the time the PM was sent) to respond or you lose your turn and have to go the bottom of the list.

Alright, I think I've covered everything. Post below if you have any interest, and I'll put your name on the board. I'll talk to Chux later about trying to get this stickied.

-------

1.) g0zen - The Walking Dead
    2.) Finch - Naoki Urasawa's Monster
    3.) Brand - Bone
    4.) Xeno G - Didn't Have Time
    5.) maruchan - R.I.P.
    6.) Chux - Spider-Man: The Other
    7.) Geohound - Death Note
    8.) avatar - Invincible
    9.) Salsashark - Man went into cage, cage went into salsa..
    10.) Rtificial - GANTZ
    11.) MechDeus - Changed his name, didn't bother to tell me
    12.) Bacon McShig - Vagabond
    13.) Spider-Man - No response
    14.) Empty_One - Hasn't posted in months
    15.) Giga Power - No response
    16.) Jester - Planetary

-------
    ROUND 2:
    -------
    1.) Brand - Powers
    2.) Finch - Ode to Kirihito
    3.) Jester
    4.) Rtificial
    5.) Bacon McShig
    6.) g0zen
    Last edited by g0zen; 05 Jan 2007 at 04:19 AM.
    Time for a change

2. Sounds good. I'd play. Can we call it F-chans Unite?
    Donk

3. I shudder to think what horrors await me when your turn comes.
    Time for a change

4. Sounds intresting and a plus for me is I work at a comic book store. Yeah for reading at work!

5. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I shudder to think what horrors await me when your turn comes.
    Don't worry, i'll keep it in English. Just to keep it safe for Canada, you won't need your ID.
    Donk

6. I'm in.

This should lead so some new books I haven't given a shot yet.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. i would do it if can download this shit...

8. You can. Once something is chosen, I'll find a way to place it somewhere.

9. I'm interested.

10. yeah I'm in. I read comics every week.