Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 31 Days of Oscar on TCM

1. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    And don't miss The Bridge on the River Kwai if you've never seen it. One of my all time favorite movies, starring a youngish Sir Alec Guinness. Directed by David Lean (Dr. Zhivago/Lawrence of Arabia)
    Hell yes.
    I'm there. That movie is seriously top on my list of must see movies.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

2. We JUST got TCM in my area... it's about damn time... esp. now that AMC sucks balls, this is a welcome change. Is TCM good about showing movies uncut and OAR?

Also, on a related note... I could never get into Citizen Kane. I think it's an important movie, and did a LOT for cinema, but I just find the story boring as hell.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    AMC sucks balls, this is a welcome change.
    This is the sentiment of everyone and their fathers. My dad used to watch AMC like clockwork till they decided to cram commercials left and right in their films. Quite a fall from grace really.

I really recommend Sunday Morning Shootout though. 2 movie industry big shots...shoot the shit and interview other big shots. It's really good stuff.

Is TCM good about showing movies uncut and OAR?
    Pretty much. They're also a testbed for new prints before they go out on dvd sometimes too.

Also, on a related note... I could never get into Citizen Kane. I think it's an important movie, and did a LOT for cinema, but I just find the story boring as hell.
    It's not so much the story but the way it's told. I personally find the tale of CFK's rise and fall to be fascinating but to each their own I guess.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

4. I heard about the new The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly print, but thought it was special. Will def. check this channel out more now.

5. My stupid school doesn't get TCM

6. Nothing makes you remember why you loved 2001: A Space Odyessey, than to watch it in an Oscar marathon.
    OMG <3 4EVA

7. HAL?
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that.
    OMG <3 4EVA

9. It's things like this that make me wish my DVR had a DVD burner built in.

10. Today is chalked full of good noir films, be sure to try and catch The Strange Love of Martha Ivers and Double Indemnity if you can.
    Time for a change