Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dead or Alive crew (colors posted)

1. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    Hilary Duff
    Hillary Swank

2. Okay, here's what I came up for the final. I tried coloring it using the comic-book "cut & grad" technique, but didn't really understand it until 3 characters in. So, they're all sorta colored differently. Still not very happy with a lot of it...I tend to like individual characters, but find the composition as a whole is hard to look at. I tried to take people's (good) suggestions in when I could, but at some point I just had to finish it and move on to something else, keeping those critiques in mind for next time.

"Final" Colors

Keep in mind, it was designed as a magazine cover, and all that space on the left is intended for text and insets. I figure Helena's head could crop in front of the magazine title, or I'd just add more sky if the mag people weren't into that.

I think I'll send a copy to HGMs fanart address.
    Last edited by FuryFox; 18 Feb 2006 at 01:36 AM.

I like the way you draw noses.

4. take this as you will since its pretty much final. i absolutely LOVE digital "inking" regardless of any nitpicks i may have.

the chick with the USA titties has a very odd expression on her mouth. maybe too many teeth are visable. can't put my finger on it.

the girl in the purple looks like somebody does right before they're rearing up to fart.

the chick doing the axe kick is in an overall odd pose and the odd facial expression draws me to her.

the ninja has the hyper anime bent arm deal going on and it bothers me.

yes, all nitpicks (i truely LOVED your WoW stuff) and like i said, it's digital to regardless i like it as well.

5. Came out great!

6. What the hell is the man wearing the yellow uniform doing?

Looks awesome by the way. I mean awesome in the original sense of the word, not the drunken frat-boy sense of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. He's supposed to be doing the Bruce Lee "hwwoooaa" pose, but it looks a little like he's going "ta-da!" and even surprising himself.

8. Fury - I still think its "Hot Like Fire." No matter what they look like. Its still awesome.

And for the record, if you didn't color it ... cross hatching would be cool if it was Black and White. But since its colored and photoshopped the way it is shaded is the best.
    Last edited by Advocate05; 20 Feb 2006 at 10:22 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. It's awesome and shitty magazines should be paying you tons of cash for your work.

Good luck.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    It's awesome and shitty magazines should be paying you tons of cash for your work.

Good luck.
    Agreed. Great fucking job, Fury. You're a whiz.

HCG is insane for choosing Wolfinger over you.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww