Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead or Alive crew (colors posted)

1. Dead or Alive crew (colors posted)

I'm sure most of you at some point skimmed the Hardcore Gamer Magazine thread. Well, I said I could produce a better cover in there, and here it is. There's a lot of things I'm not pleased with, and I'm still wondering if I should have went with the black and hatching "comic book" style, but I'm not going to spend any more time on the pencils. I'll still fix stuff if anyone spots something outrageous though.

I'll color in the next couple days when I have time.

Edited version

Last edited by FuryFox; 17 Feb 2006 at 11:47 PM. Reason: update

2. Awesome. Really awesome.

If I may mention two negatives: Your Tina looks... uh, insane, and Jann Lee looks about 10-20 years older then he should. But that's more just staying 100% to the characters then it is anything about the art. Excellent.

3. Yeah, I may tone down some of the lines in Jann Lee's face. They do a good job in the game making him all chiseled and angular, but still young looking; I find it hard to recreate. I'm still finding things here and there that need adjusting, like a strangely-shaped eye or whatever.

For Tina though, I have a hard time taking her seriously anyway. She's such the Japanese stereotype of the loud, busty, blonde american...and then with that terrible outfit in 4 with the hat. Plus I figure she's from the South (which may or may not be true). -and that's what I came up with. I'm pretty happy with Tina, but Lei Fang and Ayane's faces need work still. I just get artist's claw from trying to get all these little (and specific, in the cases of faces) details in

4. It's already better than the HGM cover.
    Time for a change

You're good. I'm impressed. Do you get paid for this yet?

P.S. Lei Fang's mouth looks... um... spooky. Maybe its too big?

P.P.S. Can't wait to see the colouring.

6. It's fucking rad, minus Tina and Lei Fang's mouth.

Other than that, awesome.

7. Okay, I took some of your suggestions into account and updated it. What do you think?

Also, for S&Gs I put up my composition sketch. Ew. -but that's what I worked from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doa-cover-sketch.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	18448  
    Last edited by FuryFox; 03 Feb 2006 at 11:12 PM.

8. LF's mouth is better, Tina still belongs on the short bus.

Keep in mind, I can't draw for shit.

9. Yeah, Tina still looks off. Probably the expression in her eyes should be a little tougher. She looks kind of bewildered right now. And the shape of the mouth could be rounded off a bit on her left side.

Lei Fang also still looks worried... but this is not the "draw for Josh thread".

I'm still looking forward to seeing it coloured.